• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to run BVE4 under Windows Vista x86 and x64 and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Quite.

If. You. Read. The. First. Post. It. Will. Tell. You. Where. To. Get. Said. Files. From. And. Even. How. To. Register. Them.

T

Tom

And. Please. Do. Not. Report. The. Post. If. You. Can. Not. Read. Either.

Fankoo

mbonwick

Established Member
Actually, the links in the 1st post need updating. The correct ones are on p6, posted by me.

Tom B

Established Member
That's a file not found error - probably Windows Common Controls, but a bit hard to say as so many things can interact with System.Windows.Forms. First thing I would do is reinstall .NET Framework 2 from the MS site - if that doesn't work I will talk you through a way to find out what is missing, it is a bit long winded though unfortunately!

Is there a way of sorting this problem? I get the same now - .net refuses to reinstall.

Vista is quite possibly the most screwy piece of software ever released - it's far too buggy and was obviously not tested properly - they ought to have spent last time on the fancy effects and more on the important things.

Hal9000

it's not a Vista issue, it's a BVE-related issue...
so actually we should get Mackoy to fix this, but he doesn't seem to react on any email :(

nutter

I've followd the initial commandfs on the first page. When i get to the command prompt and after I press enter i get a message saying

"C:\windows\system32 is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

What am I doing wrong?

KingboyD

Damn, Looks like BVE 4 just is not compatable with my Vista Laptop, I have a Gforce Go 7400 GPU, just updated to the latest drivers but no luck getting BVE going, I have updated the DLL`s, registered them, checked the file locations but all I get is the standard read error list and a white screen but with sounds.

Any more suggestions appriciated!

Hal9000

Got GeForce Go 7200 and i got the same problem: game loads, sounds work, but the screen remains white... :(

petrail

Sorry guys, but I had wrongly been under the impression this was a locked sticky. Hence I posted elsewhere in this forum under BVE4/Vista/nVIDIA my probs which are identical to others here...particularly the exchange between ukneilw and dan atki earlier in this thread.I also tried to reload .NET2 and copped the "already there as part of OS" thingo. ukneil seemed to suggest he had an answer to this, but I have not seen any more on the issue! Love to hear how it can be done!

JTM1191

I got everything to work, but there is one problem, when i start up a route it shows the train panel with the controls and gauges and i can hear the sounds but the windshield is gray and i cant see the tracks or anything else thats ahead of me. Is there a way i can fix this.

Tom B

Established Member
I've followd the initial commandfs on the first page. When i get to the command prompt and after I press enter i get a message saying

"C:\windows\system32 is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

What am I doing wrong?

Is this when you try to cd c:\windows\system32 ?

You need to first set the current directory, *then* run regsvr32.

nutter

That means nothing to me I'm afraid. I'f you mean have i got the files off a CD then no I haven't, I hate vista

Computers have never been my strong point (niether's anything else :oops:)

Tom B

Established Member
Nope. MS DOS commands?

The command

cd path

Sets the current path to the one specified.

So you need to type

cd C:\Windows\System32

As if you jsut type

C:\Windows\system32

DOS will try to execute the program "C:\Windows\system32" which doesn't exist.

Tom B

Established Member
Is it the prompt?

So your session reads something like...

---------

C:\>cd c:\windows\system32

C:\windows\system32>

--------

If so, you can now run regsvr32.

mbonwick

Established Member
Well all you then do is type regsvr32<space>name of dll (including extension)
Enter

Repeat as necessary

Then type exit (so it will look like C:\windows\system32>exit)
Press enter

Now try BVE

supersillysteve

He Is a Genius!!!!!

:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

Thanks

:shock:cant belive it worked!!!!!

:notworth: Its Clear as well, so i thank you very much

a 14yearold can still enjoy BVE !

this is me :dark1:!!!! Lol

THANKS ! again!

supersillysteve

as i spoke to soon!!!:oops:

can anyone help me?:?

i have another crash halfway through the game:cry:

i will post the error soon as im working on my computer and on this computer as this one has the internet!!

halfway through it goes black with sounds still going!
it also come up with the windows sign (which i have used on my message title) on the taskbar!!!

i saved up 4 months for a new computer and after getting a new computer it is annoying to have BVE going wrong!!

i love bve!!

if i can catch the message error i will post it!!!

my system is a E-System 3013! does that help?

sorry i will try to catch the error and i will post it up!

mbonwick

Established Member
The system name is unlikely to help, the problems occur within Vista/BVE, not the hardware.

dan_atki

Established Member
Just thought I'd let you know that whilst BVE still doesn't work for me I now get a different error (rather that BVE has stopped responding):

On startup of BVE.exe: Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7926fcd8 )

On clicking OK on this I then get: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x1448 (5192), Thread id=0x10c4 (4292). OK to terminate, cancel to debug.

Whilst the number in the Fatel execution engine error stays the same, the ones in the exception error are different each time.

T

Tom

Hmm... not surprised that the exception error is coming up with different numbers - it is after all an entirely different process each time that is forking and crashing out to desktop...

A quick google search seemed that 0x7926fcd8 has a lot to do with a bug in 1.1...

just to check, has anyone yet had any luck with installing and running BVE on vista?

i have a brand new computer and while bve installs and even loads the route.

but all i get is white screen. i can hear the train running and i can even drive the train as normal. i just cant see anything apart from white.

now until this evening, when the route loaded i got a lot of file errors that had something to do with HRESULT but that has miraculouslly stopped?

anyone got any ideas on this one. i havent got XP to reinstall wither :(

devon_metro

Established Member
Sounds like your graphics aren'tup to scratch as BVE works on my laptop with built in graphics (well!!)

Maybe update your drivers

thanks but i tried that. there the most up to date available.

is it to do with it being a nvidia graphics card?

i've read somewhere that they are a problem.

the error is a Exception from HRESULT: 0x88760315

Status
Not open for further replies.