• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to stick two separated train tickets side-by-side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any_Permitted

Hello, hope this is the appropriate section.

I am a keen collector of train tickets. This evening I bought a return ticket from the guard on the train; the two tickets came together as shown in the attached image.

I don't know what I was thinking, but I tore them apart so that they are now seperate as normal. I really don't know why I did that as they looked much cooler and more unusual stuck together as one! I would have much preferred them stuck as one to collect. Also, it was the last ever ticket I bought from South West Trains before the franchise change?

Would anyone here know the best way of sticking them back together? I really really really regret breaking them apart!!!

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 107
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

the sniper

Established Member
Thanks for the speedy reply. I just wanna make them look as close in appearance to how they were before I seperated them. I'm not sure if the shine of sellotape would achieve that :(

Put the sellotape on the back...?

whhistle

On Moderation
Go to a station that has barrier staff who can sell you a new one from a machine on their person.

I have a stock of blank ones of these for archive purposes.

Brian M

I would suggest that you use peelable stamp hinges on the back of the tickets. In the days of the old "Edmondson" card tickets it was a crime to use sellotape as, over the years, it gradually dried out and left a very unsatisfactory brown stain on the tickets !

Status
Not open for further replies.