• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How was your day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Mine was great, got a Ticket Inspectors badge and some ticket clippers, and oh yes, I was a TTI(T) ;)

We had a kids party on as well. Great fun, all small..around about 5 years old running around in Mark 1's getting in the way when I was doing a ticket check.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

joy54.gen

My day was boring so I decided to get the 47 back from Brighton, left too late, missed it at Brighton and Haywards Heath and when I got back to Clapham Junction it was just leaving. So I just went home.

Jordy

Established Member
My day was not boring, I went to Doncaster and got 1hour 30mins of filming, including Hull train Pioneers and a 67 on a charter

Tomorrow WILL be boring ;)

Jordy

Lewisham2221

Established Member
I went to work, got bored after about 30 minutes and spent the rest fo the day wishing I was at home or doing summat else.

DLA365

My day was very interesting but tiring (sorry to spoil the mood folks).

-I got the 149 and 38 to Victoria Station to get the 0932 service to Crawley, but the queues were too long meaning I had to get the 0947 and change at Gatwick Airport.

-We were delayed on the fast line but the slow line was normal, so I missed my connection at Gatwick Apt.

-I had to get the delayed 09:28 (09:38 ) service to Three Bridges where I caught RML 2317 to Tunbridge Wells and back to Crawley.

-I did another round trip on the Metrobus RML to Tunbridge Wells and back to Crawley before getting the 18:47 service back to Victoria.

-I boarded the 82 proposing to head to Finchley Central when I saw not less than seven RML/RMC/RCL/RMA/RT from Timebus, Ensign and Memory Lane, so I hopped out to find out what they were doing (with all the tube mess in London you never know!).

-Unfortunately it was private hire, so I headed back on the 82 to Finchley Central where I caught my friend's bus on the Rail Rep immediately. He informed me buses were running every 15 mins instead of every 5 due to vehicle and staff shortages.

-After spending about 1 hour on the bus, I returned on a curtailed 34 to Edmonton Angel Corner.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Do you really want to know how my day was? Will the forum's software actually post it this time (tried twice before!)?

Assumes a long list of 'No' posts would appear, I decide I will tell you anyway.

The day technically starts at 0001, so this means I was still concluding Friday's night close at work (for more information on this, feel free to ask for some bedtime reading). This finished by around 0100.

After returning home, I decide I'll browse RailUK for a bit. That's when I found the gen for the tours. Celebrations arise, hopefully the neighbours weren't woken.

I got the taxi at 0300, got on 158827 to Hereford. Alighted at Cardiff during the 10 minute stop to see what was heading the tour to Carlisle, gutted at this point to find out it's 67019, a Skip I see a LOT! A picture is taken nonetheless. Re-joined the 158, to find 158847 had been attached to the front. I stick to 827. Scored 66122 at Godfrey Road.

Arrived at Hereford at 0539, took pictures of the two Scuds. 67019 eventually arrives, I take a few pictures and got the carriage numbers. 150278 and 170109 on their respective arrivals are photted, as well as the 0717 HST to Padd, which pulled in at 0633. 66214 passes NB too, a Shed I've seen too many times!

67014 shows up later for Par. Again, another Skip I've seen a good few times! Pictures are taken, carriage numbers gotten. 170109 is photted at platform 3, then I head to the bus station, returning soon after getting there.

Got on 158822 to go home on the 0821 off Hereford. Scored 66020 at Godfrey Road! 34 EWS Sheds to go.

Pulled in at 1035, got some food and went home. Eventually got some sleep after posting confirmation of the Shed numbers. The report wouldn't post onto the forum for some obscure reason, decided to go to bed for a few hours kip.

Got up later, had food and drink, got a bus at about 1730 into town, got another bus to work.

The shift sucked. Busy for the first 90 minutes, after that it was pretty quiet, a lot of cleaning commenced earlier than usual for a Saturday night.

Finished at about 2345, after having started at 1830. Got home at midnight exactly. Went online, went to RailUK, posted this.

It's now 17 minutes into Sunday by the time I wrote all that. Was it worth asking how the day was?

Jim

Established Member
I went to a wedding & watched someone get married!!!!!! ;)

Jordy said:
My day was not boring, I went to Doncaster and got 1hour 30mins of filming, including Hull train Pioneers and a 67 on a charter

Jordy

Your a donny trainspotter then...

hehe, out in all weathers,

David

Established Member
Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
Jordy said:

Jordy

Your a donny trainspotter then...

hehe, out in all weathers,
From Grimsby, Donny is the first mainline station in an hour and half's travelling by train. :D :lol:

(I think. Not sure about Newark :? )

clagmonster

Established Member
Depends what you want. Barnetby is best for 66s and a few 60s, otherwise Doncaster or I suppose Retford (ECML traffic and Nottinghamshire MGRs).

Simming

from Wakefield Donny is very Convientiant, but its a shame barnetby is so far away, and you cant stay to long into the day, but its a good location all the same.

Dave A

My day involved eating, drinking, typeing, burping, gas release and getting on 2 buses to go to the gym :D

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
my day involved a lot of walking - thats what boycotting Newport Transport does to you! ah well, the rain was good!

Status
Not open for further replies.