• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HS2 / NPR Touchpoints (Junctions) Announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lejog

Established Member
Later today Philip Hammond will make an announcement re HS2/NPR "touchpoints" i.e. junctions.

“Today I am announcing a further £300 million to future-proof the railway network in the North. This investment will go towards ensuring HS2 infrastructure can link up with future Northern Powerhouse and Midlands rail projects - helping the towns and cities of the North reach their full potential.”

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-row-unrest-threatens-to-overshadow-cash-boost-for-northern-powerhouse-11064067

Details of these have to be included in the forthcoming HS2 enabling bill. I understand there are four HS2/NPR touchpoints, which in Yorkshire are East of Leeds (Garforth to the ECML) and a Leeds-Sheffield route. I guess the other two are Liverpool-HS2 and Manchester Piccadilly?

I've started a new thread since this hopefully will provide concrete news on NPR, which the current thread is light on.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

snowball

Established Member
Where does the word "touchpoints" come from? Did Hammond use it? I've never heard it before. Googling suggests it's business speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.