• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HS2 to be axed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascot

Established Member
Reading in the Independent this morning, the government has proposed to scrap the HS2 project due to drastically overrunning costs and lack of return potential. Now I'm not being biased here or anything but so much work has gone into this it would be a big disappointment and what has the government got planned with all that money?

I'll scan the article in for quotation in a moment.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jammie300

Interesting to see there is no reference to this on their website. I think it could be a very poorly thought out 1st April joke.

MK Tom

Established Member
There's a reason I deliberately shut myself off from all news sources on this day of the year :)

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Couldn't the creativity at some of the papers have devised a better 1st April spoof?
Moving the Olympics to Lincolnshire, a European ban on US software, Saddam Hussein is alive in Hendon, forecasts of a plague of stinging bees this summer, Policeman rescued by singing pigeon, the UK economy will recover its prosperity, for example?

There's still plenty time left for HS2 to be cancelled on a weekday.

Last edited:

Ascot

Established Member
It is indeed 1st April and many thanks to the admins for allowing it. Some of the posts however had to be laughed at. ;)

Ivo

Established Member
Couldn't the creativity at some of the papers have devised a better 1st April spoof?
Moving the Olympics to Lincolnshire, a European ban on US software, Saddam Hussein is alive in Hendon, forecasts of a plague of stinging bees this summer, Policeman rescued by singing pigeon, the UK economy will recover its prosperity, for example?

As much as I hate to admit it, The Sun tend to be quite good for April Fool gags. They had one about a penguin in London once which I thought was quite amusing (this was when I was still at home where my idiot family buy it and showed me it).

bailey65

I try and find all the best april fools stories today like the sun printing something that is actually true.

WatcherZero

Established Member
No it will be released in an incomplete form and the promised features wont come until the first patch, 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.