• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST charity tour to MNR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Now that's something that would interest me, who knows it could even be a RailUK meet!

will1337

I am highly tempted, Syston to Ely is new track for me, as is the MNR and I've still yet to go on a railtour.

Jordy

Established Member
I'm sure it'll be arranged as a forum meet soon enough, I'm certainly planning to do it.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi All,

Unfortunately, I would not be able to afford this tour to my nearest preserved railway, however if there is a group of you going then I could meet you in Dereham and maybe we could bus into Norwich together (konectbus 8 - £3.20 SGL (discounts for 16-19yr olds / children), Nat Passes Accepted). Obviously you would then miss the return working along the NNR...

If anyone want's any detail of what's in Dereham please feel free to PM me.

---

PS - things may change... I might be able to do it confirm nearer time!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
From what I can gather, only the connection at Wymondham, and any track thereafter on the MNR, are the only bits of rare track that the tour is doing?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Apart from you wouldn't normally get a HST past PBO (except on divert) then yes. Past Ely Norwich bound is 158/170 land!

AFAIAA - this is fully on EMT route except from the MNR!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Apart from you wouldn't normally get a HST past PBO (except on divert) then yes. Past Ely Norwich bound is 158/170 land!

AFAIAA - this is fully on EMT route except from the MNR!

Yep, to be honest stuff like that really doesn't bother/interest me, if a HST ends up in Thetford would be of major interest to some, and wouldn't make a difference to me! From that I can only deduce that the connection at and a crossover on the return at Wymondham are on for this, I will consult with the relevant bookibng source for the tours I do!

theblackwatch

Established Member
From what I can gather, only the connection at Wymondham, and any track thereafter on the MNR, are the only bits of rare track that the tour is doing?

The connection at the MNR is the rare track - which for some of us is a lot more required track than many other freight line tours offer!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
No need.... ! ;)

To be fair I've only been a hardcore track basher (my goodness that sounds so, so sad!) for about three years, but I've done many, many passenger lines so, if I worked to Baker level, I'd be scarily close to finishing all passenger lines soon, hence I work in-depth! At least it gives me something to aim to over the next sixty years :D!

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi All,

Just out of interest - will ticket holders be able to access the train whilst it is at Dereham MNR?

Kneedown

Established Member
Hi All,

Unfortunately, I would not be able to afford this tour to my nearest preserved railway, however if there is a group of you going then I could meet you in Dereham and maybe we could bus into Norwich together (konectbus 8 - £3.20 SGL (discounts for 16-19yr olds / children), Nat Passes Accepted). Obviously you would then miss the return working along the NNR

I'll check with the organiser when i see him, but i'm pretty sure the HST will only be going into Norwich on the return leg of the tour, after it's been on the MNR.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I'll check with the organiser when i see him, but i'm pretty sure the HST will only be going into Norwich on the return leg of the tour, after it's been on the MNR.

Thats what I said, isn't it?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I will not be doing this tour - however might head over to Dereham to say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.