• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST Derby - Crewe, Saturday 28th January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday (Saturday 28th January). 43045 + NL04 + 43059 worked 1K50 1734 Derby - Crewe, calling only at Stoke. Then ran as 5K00 1901 Crewe - EP via Derby.

1K50 looks to have been a pre-planned additional (albeit originally diagrammed DMU, diagram NM229), due to Derby .v. Stoke football match, and the fact that the units were already busy due to Uttoxeter Horse Races.

Good job it ran as well - A to E were all full and standing to Stoke (didn't get chance to see what the Buffet or FC was like). Almost everyone bailed at Stoke, with just a few continuing to Crewe.

This is believed to have been the first occasion a HST has worked a service train between Derby and Stoke.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
Well done, EMT for sourcing extra trains when needed.

They seem to do it when they can - I'm thinking of the Nottingham-Liverpool Meridian for the Grand National at Aintree, and the Nottingham-Skeggy HST on summer Sats.

They seem to do it when they can - I'm thinking of the Nottingham-Liverpool Meridian for the Grand National at Aintree, and the Nottingham-Skeggy HST on summer Sats.

Fair play to them, tho i suspect a few quid was needed in cleaning the train up after that shift :)

Are EMT planning the Skeggy HST trip again this year? Me & my friends had a day out Jolly Fisherman style in 2009. To be fair it wasnt to well patronised (especially the return) which was a shame

thewolf

They probably could've done with a few extras in the morning as well, mind you.

Probably wasn't helped by a broken down train at Longton early on, but I was on my way to Manchester from Stoke at 1030ish, and a rather large contingent of Stoke fans were greeted with a single car 153. There were a few coaches outside that they seemed to be boarding though, so perhaps they'd done the next best thing and run a few coaches in the event of not being able to scrape together more trains...

WillPS

Established Member
This service is chronically underserved at the best of times, great to see one-offs but really we need a 2-car standard service - 150s would suffice!

MCR247

Established Member
You know things are bad when people are asking for 150s!

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Are EMT planning the Skeggy HST trip again this year? Me & my friends had a day out Jolly Fisherman style in 2009. To be fair it wasnt to well patronised (especially the return) which was a shame

Yes, it will be running between the 21st July and 08th September.

Journey times should be improved thanks to track upgrades between Boston and Skegness.

See here

Status
Not open for further replies.