• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST for BVE4

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Final topic about this.

ANY OFF-TOPICNESS AND IT GOES.

Ta.
  • Fully working AWS
  • 3 versions
  • "Special Super Furry release" will be released first (now this is a surprise! ;))

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harold

glad to hear that tc! i look forward to the outcome?

ohh btw, what percentage completed if ur hst at this stage?

HBA135

T

Tom

50% ish...

Let's use a diagram...

50%

Code:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------------------------

Harold

that diagram looks more like 65% than 50%

anyway, did u manage to get an hst cab ok?
or are you still awaiting cabview and sounds?

HBA135

T

Tom

There are the same amount of X & Y's

I'm working on it so ... ;)

joeholmes

could i make a suggestion

Firstly, please include working windscreen wipers

Secondly, please try and get the sound accurate, none of this annoying repetive stuff PREETTTYY please...

Will not give example due to the fact that it may offend creators...

Joe

P.S Sorry if i caused the previous threads to be LOCKED

Nick

HBA135 said:
am i to be a beta tester for for hst tc?

HBA135

Why? TC, when he looks into BETA testing he needs testers who know what to look for, not people who play it and just say its good all the time (not acusing you of anything like that Harold, just sayig its a tad early)

joeholmes

I honestly no what i would be looking for in a normal VP125 engine (since i cabbed an FGW HST - cant say any more :P)

I would be critial, but maybe that would be a good thing.... But it is TCs desicon, but i have got my hand up for BETA testing her..

(And HBA135 at least ask nicer than that !!!)

Regards

Joe Holmes

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Surely you should all know the 'rules' by now? Stop bugging him and let him get on with it. When he has news to post and/or requires beta testers, I'm sure he is perfectly capable of posting without people pestering him.

joeholmes said:
I honestly no what i would be looking for in a normal VP125 engine (since i cabbed an FGW HST - cant say any more :P)

I would be critial, but maybe that would be a good thing.... But it is TCs desicon, but i have got my hand up for BETA testing her..

(And HBA135 at least ask nicer than that !!!)

Regards

Joe Holmes

So what if you cabbed a HST? doesnt mean you will be a good beta tester for it! Usually an author will decide who she or he wants, asking to beta is just cheap and usually the case just to get a copy of it anyway

Guinness

Established Member
As Nick and various other people have said, You don't ask to BETA things - The author decides. People who play BVE and know how the coding works (Like Playing with your Train.Dat ;)) etc. usually get picked for BETA.
Those people can identify the problem and it can be sorted out quicker. And then the HST gets publicly released for BVE quicker.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
woah less arguing over beta testing, at this rate no-one will beta it! :o
Do you have enough sounds etc. now TC? if not I'll attempt to get some more for you tomorow if you want... and anything else I can help with :?:

T

Tom

Door sounds would be helpful, ATM I'm planning on going to London on Wednesday (via Reading) to get HST sounds, but every little helps! :)

joeholmes

Many aplogys, sorry about the arguement that started up, i just didnt like the way HBA said that he is BETA-ing her..

Sorry

Joe

Harold

I asked before about beta testing this, but my question wasn't answered so I asked just to check. BTW, I don't ever beta test trains just to play on them early, everyone should know that and Joe, it may be a HST but for god sake, just calm down, you're treating this as if you don't live on anything else apart from an HST!

No offence

hba135

Tom B

Established Member
Indeed to agree with Alex can we get back onto the topic without deviating again. Thanks.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
right, I recorded some door slam sounds so I will be sending them off to TC asap :D

Status
Not open for further replies.