• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST in freight train consist??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
I'm currently (19.50 20th April) in Didcot town centre. Just now I walked towards Sainsburys car park from town and heard a freight train pass. Nothing unusual, but as I turned the corner to view the tracks I saw the low sided wagons in the consist heading east. However on looking a little further up the train through a gap in buildings, I'm convinced a FGW HST was in the consist, coupled in front of the wagons.

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is it a bizarre rescue or stock move to Old Oak? Or was a train joining the main line on the avoider at exactly the same time as a passing freight?? (this does seem the most likely circumstance, I admit!)

Can someone confirm or deny this??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
What do you mean by HST - a power car or a coach? (I'm assuming you don't mean a full set!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.