• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST in heritage colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As quoted from http://wnxx.com

Cotswold Rail have advised that they are taking on 43080 and 43157 as well as the previously mentioned 43070 43087 43193 and 43196 when VTXC have finished with them. Transfer is expected to take place early next month. Besides the prospect of seeing a HST set or two sets re-liveried in CR silver, a mock up has already been prepared, there is a possibility that one set may receive a heritage repaint into the original 'flying banana' yellow blue and grey colour scheme.

Now that would be nice to see.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

the only problem is that they will use the 47s on less and less tours, which would be a shame. me and jdjonny on here, somewhere, did them in cornwall, and they where quite rateable.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
All the more action for me then! :D

HSTs on railtours, mmm...

*Great big bang*

Oh bugger, I've got a lot of drool to clean up... :lol:

For the time being, let's have a couple of catchphrases in:

BRING IT ON!

and

Let's do it!

(They have to be heard live to be truely understood)

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
well well well, I certainly look forward to the heritage set! :lol: I wouldn't mind seeing a set in IC Swallow again mind, the earliest livery I recall.

Jonno2055

Well as the HSTs get older, someone needs to preserve them and keep them running beyond their 'use-by' date which i thinkl ends in around 15 years or so, i wonder what all these companies will do when that happens,have to buy multiple units for the long distanse routes, for gwr they could just use more adilantes but i dont like them, i hate the doors, make you rush on to the trains, anyway dont want to deviate from the subject. It is a good idea to keep one in good condition.

Oh and yes i am back from my hols in cornwall now!!

Guinness

Established Member
HST2 will be used by GNER, FGW, MML and possbily XC. (Voyagers displace 170s etc.)

Jonno2055

Hmm i wonder what the volo tv coaches are like, its free at the moment but the trial is about to expire

andrewmay

I will look forward to seeing this heitage HST as i've only ever seen that livery in pictures. Will this be the first heritage repaint of a HST?

Cheers,
Andrew

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I think it is the first heritage repaint of a HST yea! if I could buy up enough HST's I would want a power car in every livery ever carried by HST's but I don't think I quite have the money to do that! :cry:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yea, I believe it is the 1st repaint. Would be interesting to see it, as I have loads of photos of HSTs in now-"heritage" liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.