• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST Powercar on M1 - 10/12/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
Not something you expect to see appear in front of you on the motorway! An unidentified powercar heads north on the M1 at around 16:20 this afternoon, seen at J22.

I'm afraid it isn't a great picture as it is from my dashcam (so also all legal before anyone asks!) - please also excuse the reflection from my satnav. The dashcam latitude and longitude pinpoint I was at 52°41'55.4"N 1°17'33.6"W

HST on M1.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
Not something you expect to see appear in front of you on the motorway! An unidentified powercar heads north on the M1 at around 16:20 this afternoon, seen at J22.

I'm afraid it isn't a great picture as it is from my dashcam (so also all legal before anyone asks!) - please also excuse the reflection from my satnav. The dashcam latitude and longitude pinpoint I was at 52°41'55.4"N 1°17'33.6"W

View attachment 56515
At a guess, heading to Brush from Ely? So maybe 43182?

Crossover

Established Member
At a guess, heading to Brush from Ely? So maybe 43182?

I have seen a similar suggestion elsewhere too - unfortunately I was more pre-occupied at the time with not hitting the lorry ahead (as all the traffic bunched up) whilst having a bit of "what the hell" moments to take note of the number at the time. The footage just has a blur of a number sadly

On Moderation
I have seen a similar suggestion elsewhere too - unfortunately I was more pre-occupied at the time with not hitting the lorry ahead (as all the traffic bunched up) whilst having a bit of "what the hell" moments to take note of the number at the time. The footage just has a blur of a number sadly
Thanks for posting it - it helps keep track of what is going where, and ties in with 43138 going to Brush in the same fashion last week.

Crossover

Established Member
Thanks for posting it - it helps keep track of what is going where, and ties in with 43138 going to Brush in the same fashion last week.

No worries. What are they going to Brush for (sorry, not been keeping up with all the threads on here)

laseandre

Established Member
No worries. What are they going to Brush for (sorry, not been keeping up with all the threads on here)
It's likely to be one of the ex-GWR powercars headed for Scotrail, some have been stored at Ely recently, awaiting space at Brush for repaint/refurb.

On Moderation
My guess would be A14/M1. Would there be some mechanical issue, as it went by road.
Either shortage of crew to move them or an issue with one or both. They’ve been at Ely for some time so would not be surprised if they’d lost their coolant - it’s what MTUs do when left.

Status
Not open for further replies.