• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST4 Semi-Fast [MERGED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Your server is slow. I am on 10mb yet downloading at 200kb/sec. :(

bloogrape

didnt realise it was that slow... when i download from the server i get my max at 120kbps

im re uploading it, also may upload to megauploads give me 20minutes from now before downloading (17:24)

nutter

How come your cab goes dark when you enter the tunnel, does it happen to everyone else. If so, how do you get it to go dark because I have the day cab going through tunnels aswell.

thanks
Nuts

P.S I'd love to have that many frame-rates, i only get 10 at best

bloogrape

nutter said:
How come your cab goes dark when you enter the tunnel, does it happen to everyone else. If so, how do you get it to go dark because I have the day cab going through tunnels aswell.

thanks
Nuts

P.S I'd love to have that many frame-rates, i only get 10 at best

10? omg thats so bad, i play games like F.E.A.R. and battlefield 2 and average get around 40-60fps bve i get higher framerates than 15 but i must record in 15 fps or i lagg with the recording software

Coxster

Established Member
nutter said:
Must be your computer/graphics card - it happens without modification to anything.

Jim

Established Member
Is it me, or did you not 'buzz' back at riverside?

bloogrape

Jim said:
Is it me, or did you not 'buzz' back at riverside?
to be honest im unsure of the full procedure of the buzzer, i know roughly... two buzzers means its clear? i didnt buzz back at all
--- edited ---
Rhys said:
u need more break on than notch 1 :P
what you mean by that? i stopped didnt i lol?

Muppet

bloogrape said:
to be honest im unsure of the full procedure of the buzzer, i know roughly... two buzzers means its clear? i didnt buzz back at all
--- edited ---

what you mean by that? i stopped didnt i lol?

lol i meant that when they stop the put it into notch 6

Notch 1 on a HST is initial, about 4.6 bar. Then 1-4 are notches also and "6" (in BVE4) is full service. If you exceed initial, you get that burning smell in the coaches. If you stopped in full service it could prove interesting for the people standing... :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
James 66526 said:
Notch 1 on a HST is initial, about 4.6 bar. Then 1-4 are notches also and "6" (in BVE4) is full service. If you exceed initial, you get that burning smell in the coaches. If you stopped in full service it could prove interesting for the people standing... :D

*SLAP!* Bang in with several lawsuits and compensation claims it would be too! Not to mention the mess the poor passengers would end up creating when smashing into the vestibule, luggage racks, seats, wherever they are standing...

It wouldn't be that bad! Lol. If you are in a unit such as a 158 and you are using notch 2 for stopping then you should slip it into notch 1 just before you stop to lessen the jolt for the passengers. In a HST it's best to slip it into initial (notch 1 in BVE4) adn in a voyager, about 20% (notch 1 on BVE4). 8)

nutter

Coxster said:
Must be your computer/graphics card - it happens without modification to anything.

Have they updated the HST since 6pm Friday night?
Does anyone else have my probs (you only get the day cab.) I have changed the graphics card depth to 32-bit but if I change the BVE4 colour depth to 32-bit I just get a white screen. :cry:. Could it be because I have a S3 graphics card (V6.140001.0007).I'm no good with updating drives so advice will be VERY welcome.

Thanks
Nuts

nutter

Thanks for that Bloorape, I've just updated the graphics card but it still dosen't work. I hope to get an apprentiship with NR and I think the first thing I'll buy is a decent laptop. This is a 2 year old desktop (piece of junk). I still get the white screens when I load BVE with 32-bit colour. When the BVE route is loading with 32-bit does anyone elses blue screen flicker on and off

Thanks again bloorape

bloogrape

nutter said:
Thanks for that Bloorape, I've just updated the graphics card but it still dosen't work. I hope to get an apprentiship with NR and I think the first thing I'll buy is a decent laptop. This is a 2 year old desktop (piece of junk). I still get the white screens when I load BVE with 32-bit colour. When the BVE route is loading with 32-bit does anyone elses blue screen flicker on and off

Thanks again bloorape

try changing your refresh rate to either a higher or lower output. what res you on?

nutter

I'm on res 1024x768. Increasing the refresh rate dosen't work either. I've left a message on TSC's message board and TSC say it's cause I have the wrong sort of graphics card. I think I'll have to wait to get a new computer when (if) I get the apprentiship at NR. If I do, a decent laptop will be the first thing on my list

Simon_G

James 66526 said:
If you exceed initial, you get that burning smell in the coaches.

We found during beta testing that a smouldering mixture of cardboard and sardines works quite well, but is difficult to synchronise with the brakes.

richa2002

Established Member
James 66526 said:
It wouldn't be that bad! Lol. If you are in a unit such as a 158 and you are using notch 2 for stopping then you should slip it into notch 1 just before you stop to lessen the jolt for the passengers. In a HST it's best to slip it into initial (notch 1 in BVE4) adn in a voyager, about 20% (notch 1 on BVE4). 8)
So what is the maximum brake notch you can apply on an HST without causing discomfort to the passenger.

Richard Armstrong said:
So what is the maximum brake notch you can apply on an HST without causing discomfort to the passenger.
I shouldn't think they exceed notch 4 (notch 3 on the real thing).

Ca55ie

Rhys said:
lol i meant that when they stop the put it into notch 6

Great to hear from someone as knowledgable in these matters as you Rhys. I'm vastly impressed that you posess such knowledge of HST driving techniques...

Sam (Honoured...)

Status
Not open for further replies.