• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hst4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbostar

Ok, here's a question. What changes do I need to make to the file - I take it it's the train.dat file - so I could have it as just 2 power cars back to back with no coaching stock in between, eliminate the 'beep beep' when to leave, & finally to eliminate stops in between, so I can just run from one station to another? Many many thanks. :)

Mart

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon_G

The neatest way of eliminating the guard's beep is to eliminate the guard. In UKDt.cfg, find the line
Code:
guard.type=1
and change it to
Code:
guard.type=0
To change the performance, first remove the carriages. In train.dat, change the #CAR section to
Code:
#CAR
Then you'll need to adjust the acceleration table, maximum braking rate and delays and time constants to fit the performance of a pair of HST power cars. I'm afraid you're on your own there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.