• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Huddersfield/Brighouse/Deighton-Chesterfield Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've recently tried to buy these tickets and notice that only 2 routes are available, Via Penistone and Via Leeds. I understand these tickets were altered from route Any permitted sometime last year to close a loophole where they were valid via Leeds but cheaper than the Leeds-Sheffield/Chesterfield fare. The problem now is that there is no ticket for going via Wakefield (i.e. Not Leeds) which from Deighton is certainly the quickest way of doing this journey, and probably from Huddersfield if you've missed the Penistone line stopper but made it for the xx31 Wakefield shuttle. No ticket site can now actually sell a valid through ticket for this journey, with NRE splitting the ticket at Wakefield and webtis sites saying no tickets for the journey. This seems like a bit of an unexpected side effect (to anyone except those who actually have to do this journey), but who can fix it? Is this an issue for Northern to sort?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
I've been banging on about this for ages. Nobody seems to want to do anything about it. They weren't valid via Leeds. The appropriate solution of they wanted to change something was to create a mapped route via Leeds (which I think they might have done) and have an Any Permitted fare at the current via Leeds price (which was added recently and is rather costly). Then change Via Penistone to Not Via Leeds, and restore the mapped route via Waked Kirkgate Easy.

kieron

Established Member
This seems like a bit of an unexpected side effect (to anyone except those who actually have to do this journey), but who can fix it? Is this an issue for Northern to sort?
I know any TOC except Northern would be able to set a "X only" fare (or they are if they call at both stations), but I don't know about geographical ones such as "not via Leeds".

For now, Halifax-Chesterfield tickets are all "any permitted" ones, although I don't know how likely anyone is to consider those.

Status
Not open for further replies.