• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Huddersfield to Wakefield Westgate season ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveevolve

I have just started a new job in Wakefield working pretty random shifts. I note that a 1mth season ticket NOT via Leeds is £95.30 and the 1mnt Valid through Leeds is £134.40. With only 1TPH direct between HUD and WKF is usually quicker and saner to go through leeds.

Anyway, the crux of the post is, if I get the via Leeds one, which I dont mind paying more for for convenience, does it stop me getting the direct train if that is agreeable one day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
No. Not going via Leeds is absolutely fine with a Via Leeds ticket between these stations. I thought it used to be Any Permitted. Bizarre that it isn't.

Eeveevolve

Thanks for that. Any Permitted would make more sense than having it a confusing VIA Leeds/NOT VIA Leeds.

Confusing as per usual.

34D

Established Member
Do you (or a friend/family member) catch the bus?

Zone 2 to 5 M-Card is £104.50 per month, and zone 1 to 5 is £149.00. If bought as M Card they can be transferred to a friend when you're not using it.

Eeveevolve

Do you (or a friend/family member) catch the bus?

Zone 2 to 5 M-Card is £104.50 per month, and zone 1 to 5 is £149.00. If bought as M Card they can be transferred to a friend when you're not using it.

Thats what im going for. Less ambiguity and can use it on weekends for my travels.

Eeveevolve

You can't CoC 19C with it though :(

19. Using a combination of tickets
You may use two or more tickets for one journey as long as together they cover the entire
journey and one of the following applies:....
(c) one of the tickets is a Season Ticket (which for this purpose does not include
Season Tickets or travel passes issued on behalf of a passenger transport
executive or local authority) or a leisure travel pass, and the other ticket(s) is/
are not.

I dont see why not.

EDIT: not viwed in a PDF I see the does NOT include bit better. My mistake.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I dont see why not.
What he means is with Condition 19c you have one Season (which could be a Huddersfield to Wakefield Season, but a Metrocard would not count) and any number of non-Seasons without any requirement for any train you catch to call at any particular station.

Status
Not open for further replies.