• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains 802: Construction updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorksDMU

Here’s a photo’ of 802301, Paragon, in the sidings beyond the platforms at Hull Paragon station at 13.50 in the afternoon today.

6E33EBFE-E8FE-497F-9C3B-81520F4FEFAA.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HullRailMan

HT tweeting today that seat reservations are ‘subject to alteration’. The issue seems to be that the new trains have not entered service as fast as they expected and, as they have sold reservations based on the increase in seats, people are turning up to 180s and finding their seats don’t exist and are going to have to stand. Oops! Only going to get worse as Christmas gets closer!

On Moderation
Not quite, GWR green was a First incentive mid-franchise. I would not be surprised if the DfT use it as you describe though.
Presumably to try to give the imprsssion that it was all new and wonderful and to (try to) get away from the toxic First brand.

Peter Bonner

I have to say I like the livery on them, makes them look sleek and fast. I'm sure journey times might improve too, at least between Doncaster and London.

If it was a 1625 service f
802302 arrived in Hull on the 1625 ex-KGX and formed the 1708 return. Photo attached.View attachment 71901

If they get to Hull that quick and then return within the hour bring them on!!!!!

Kurolus Rex

I have to say I like the livery on them, makes them look sleek and fast. I'm sure journey times might improve too, at least between Doncaster and London.

Agreed. The vinyls down the side contrast well with the blue, looks very colourful.

Last edited:

Failed Unit

Established Member
I saw a pair of 180s heading towards kings cross about 11 today. (10 car formation) and a 5 car 802 heading in about 1315.

(both passing Finsbury Park)

TrainTube

No it arrives at hull at 1625 then goes back at 1708, it leaves kgx at 1348 to get there for half 4
It still managed to arrive 5 early! It easily catches up delayed time out of London too, just like the Azumas.

TrainTube

Just like 180's often do then? It didn't make up five minutes in the last ten miles because it's a Class 802.
Maybe not in that instance but you can't deny that an 802 will make the journey quicker than a 185. It also recovered 4 mins between London and Grantham.

trainmania100

Established Member
Class 802 delivery to Eastleigh TRSMD on Wednesday 01/01
I'm assuming this is a hull trains 802 as I'm sure the lner ones have already been delivered?

0R80 Tonbridge WY to dollands moor
https://live.rail-record.co.uk/train?c=R02166&d=01/01/2020

6X80 Dollands Moor to Eastleigh TRSMD
https://live.rail-record.co.uk/train?c=R02169&d=01/01/2020

6O80 Eastleigh TRSMD to Dollands Moor
https://live.rail-record.co.uk/train?c=R02168&d=01/01/2020

0Y80 Dollands Moor to Tonbridge WY
https://live.rail-record.co.uk/train?c=R02167&d=01/01/2020

HullRailMan

802302 has no hot food or drinks again today due to a fault - been the same since it entered service. Even without a fault, there is no hot food offer at all for standard class passengers on the new trains. And fresh coffee is no longer available. Both of these ‘enhancements’ due to the removal of the buffet.

Reports on social media of various broken toilets yesterday.

Still using paper reservations as the digital ones still won’t work. The internal and external info displays have yet to work either since either train entered service.

When I travelled yesterday and today the WiFi was worse than the 180s, and the extra capacity couldn’t cope with demand yesterday. I’m really struggling to see how these match the hype of the HT publicity. They are smart trains but have faults that are going unresolved and the on-board offer, especially in standard with the buffet gone, is worse. Oh, and only 2 of the 5 are here yet. So they are well behind schedule!

Peter Bonner

Story about overcrowding (and apologies) is on the Hull Live website.

I fear the 802/3s may not be the panacea for all the Hull Trains problems in recent years.

humbersidejim

802302 has no hot food or drinks again today due to a fault - been the same since it entered service. Even without a fault, there is no hot food offer at all for standard class passengers on the new trains. And fresh coffee is no longer available. Both of these ‘enhancements’ due to the removal of the buffet.

Reports on social media of various broken toilets yesterday.

Still using paper reservations as the digital ones still won’t work. The internal and external info displays have yet to work either since either train entered service.

When I travelled yesterday and today the WiFi was worse than the 180s, and the extra capacity couldn’t cope with demand yesterday. I’m really struggling to see how these match the hype of the HT publicity. They are smart trains but have faults that are going unresolved and the on-board offer, especially in standard with the buffet gone, is worse. Oh, and only 2 of the 5 are here yet. So they are well behind schedule!

I can't comment on the current state of the on board offering, but I think the delivery of the 802s is on schedule. In publicity earlier this year, HT promised the first of the new fleet by late December 2019, with full introduction from May 2020. I'd say theyrth currently on, or slightly ahead of schedule.

D365

Veteran Member
Which of the existing Hull Trains fleets are going to be replaced first; Class 180 or HST?

TheBigD

Established Member
Story about overcrowding (and apologies) is on the Hull Live website.

I fear the 802/3s may not be the panacea for all the Hull Trains problems in recent years.

As the MML was closed and there was a reduced service operating from Kings Cross on the ECML overcrowding yesterday was to be expected. The LNER services were also full and standing yesterday morning.

youngiecj

I saw the last Hull at Grantham last night 802301, was extremely full on arrival, a vast majority had got off at Grantham. Although most seats were still taken after departure.

jfowkes

Not really, no.

Overcrowding and catering issues are better than cancelled services due to a terribly unreliable fleet, I'd say?

Also, they're more environmentally friendly, which isn't really part of the passenger experience but is very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.