• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains 802: Construction updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimShady

Established Member
As a non-franchised operator, Hull Trains is well within its rights to specify its product exactly how it chooses. If you don't like it, travel by another means - perhaps the franchised operator on the same route 'care' more and have specified an interior of a much higher standard?

Yeah I very much doubt they do. No matter I won't be using them. :D

TPE it is!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GrimShady

Established Member
It's almost as if Hull Trains realise that actual, real passengers (as opposed ro enthisiasts) prefer the new ambience and facilities to the old one, and have made a rational business decision accordingly.

But that would be crazy talk, wouldn't it...

Yes, passed it as it was approaching Kings Cross about an hour ago. Passengers on and everything.

Have a look at the comments on twitter about the interior. Real passengers think it's garbage too, last time I checked when I buy my ticket I become a passenger.

Ethano92

Have a look at the comments on twitter about the interior. Real passengers think it's garbage too, last time I checked when I buy my ticket I become a passenger.

What's the ratio of passengers:number of complaints? As with all new trains, you'll never truly get full passenger perception as you'll only comment if you don't like it.

I expect HT customers will have seen Azumas on the ECML and want new trains of their own.

We all know what is meant by 'real passengers' being passengers who won't be aware they're travelling on an 802 by Hitachi, or at least not care in the slightest.

Anyway, are Hull trains advertising these as specific services similar to LNER stating "LNER Azuma Service" on their booking page?

jimm

Established Member
A sample menu that gives an idea of maybe what we can expect once the whole fleet is out and running.
My statement that the sample menu on the website looks very much the same as before remains true.

What's the rush? It's not exactly a sinister conspiracy to deprive you of information.

Presumably once they are confident that the full service will be 802s, then they will add the other menus.

Unless they are planning to hire chefs at great expense, then whatever is offered is not going to be that fancy, or some radical departure from previous fare. Just more variety and menus rotating from week to week, so it won't be the same old, same old all the time. Which some of us might just describe as, er, different.

GrimShady

Established Member
What's the ratio of passengers:number of complaints? As with all new trains, you'll never truly get full passenger perception as you'll only comment if you don't like it.

I expect HT customers will have seen Azumas on the ECML and want new trains of their own.

We all know what is meant by 'real passengers' being passengers who won't be aware they're travelling on an 802 by Hitachi, or at least not care in the slightest.

Anyway, are Hull trains advertising these as specific services similar to LNER stating "LNER Azuma Service" on their booking page?

The trains were ordered out of necessity as we know before the public ever set foot on Azuma.

I'm not against new trains at all, I'm against new trains that are built solely for easy of the operator without a second thought as to the people traveling in them. Again the IET is another downgrade interior wise from the 180. Bog standard basic Hitachi fit with different cloth on the seats, this is not progress.

Due to their nature HT was in an excellent position to specify a decent fit out, they have not done so.

Railperf

Established Member
is the Hull 802 out today/this weekend on a regular diagram?

GoneSouth

Yuk, that pink has no place on a bus or train but first have persisted for 20+ years so it’s not going away soon. I just wonder how GWR managed to ditch the horrific pink highlights in favour of that classy dark green (thank goodness).

Apart from that, it looks very nice. Seats look as bolt upright and uncomfortable as the other 80x though!

3973EXL

Established Member
5X98/5Q98 Eastleigh- Acton - Tyne
802216 TPE 802303 HT no pink doors.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Yuk, that pink has no place on a bus or train but first have persisted for 20+ years so it’s not going away soon. I just wonder how GWR managed to ditch the horrific pink highlights in favour of that classy dark green (thank goodness)...
GWR are a franchised operator. The DfT asked for a “brand neutral” livery that could be transferred to a different replacement franchisee. HT are open access and you’d expect First to use their own corporate colours, as I’m fairly sure the upcoming Edinburgh open access service will.

adc82140

Established Member
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere- with an 802 now in service, has the HST been stood down or is it still theoretically available?

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere- with an 802 now in service, has the HST been stood down or is it still theoretically available?
Theoretically yes. It’s still in Hull Station Sidings. It’s supposed to leave soon but nobody has said when.

JonathanH

Veteran Member

reach123y

43023 and 43027 are the pair that arrived at lunchtime today. Parked up in the station sidings along with 180113.
180111 working the 1512 to KGX.

St. Paddy

802302 just passed through Hitchin on 5Q90 heading towards Kings Cross. Looks like same or very similar livery to 802301

Roast Veg

Established Member
GWR are a franchised operator. The DfT asked for a “brand neutral” livery that could be transferred to a different replacement franchisee. HT are open access and you’d expect First to use their own corporate colours, as I’m fairly sure the upcoming Edinburgh open access service will.
Not quite, GWR green was a First incentive mid-franchise. I would not be surprised if the DfT use it as you describe though.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Not quite, GWR green was a First incentive mid-franchise. I would not be surprised if the DfT use it as you describe though.
Was it really mid-franchise, or did it coincide with an amended “direct award” contract? Hard to tell really.

westv

Established Member
Does anybody know in what direction the Paragons will normally run from Hull?
The current fleet runs A first with 1st class coach D near the rear.
Will the Paragons run A first with 1st at the rear or E first with 1st class at the front?

Kurolus Rex

Does anybody know in what direction the Paragons will normally run from Hull?
The current fleet runs A first with 1st class coach D near the rear.
Will the Paragons run A first with 1st at the rear or E first with 1st class at the front?

I wouldn't think that HT would change that with the new fleet but i might be wrong. Not seen them in service enough to confirm unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.