• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains cancellations due to chronic shortage of available rolling stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
Why does it taķe almost a year to release annual results?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bayum

Established Member
Oh wow. You actually think top’n’tailing 180s with 67s is an option. “Challenges” with top speed, couplers, train supply, crew training, etc etc would take longer to resolve than getting their 802 fleet delivered.

I assume you have missed all the talk of sub-leasing a GWR HST that is actually happening?
Was a simple question. A 'no because...' would have sufficed.

HullRailMan

Looking at times after the timetable change in May it’s seems that the 0823 from Hull will now start at Beverley and the 1548 from Kings Cross will run through to Beverley. That train then returns ECS to Hull to form the 1912 to KX.

ricoblade

Well I've risked booking Hull Trains from Retford to King's Cross on March 14th, we'll see if that was a good decision!

Mugby

Established Member
It looks like the HST set is coming out to play on 1st & 2nd (Friday & Saturday) March 2019 .

Birmingham City FC are playing away at Hull on Saturday so I imagine a fair number of Blues fans will be making the journey by train.

Class 170101

Established Member
Birmingham City FC are playing away at Hull on Saturday so I imagine a fair number of Blues fans will be making the journey by train.

Surely thery would go XC to Doncaster then either Hull Trains or more likely Northern? Or via Leeds then TPE?

Mugby

Established Member
Surely thery would go XC to Doncaster then either Hull Trains or more likely Northern? Or via Leeds then TPE?

Yes, that's what I meant really, just HT (or Northern) from Doncaster.

From my experience there tends to be quite large numbers of both home and away fans wanting trains towards Doncaster after games at around 1730.

DaiGog

Sometimes Mirfield, sometimes Hull, often Niebüll
As things stand, the HST is scheduled to work the following:
Friday 1/3/19: 0823 HUL-KGX, 1148 KGX-HUL, 1512 HUL-KGX, 1848 KGX-HUL (1848 will not run through to BEV)
Saturday 2/3/19: 0823 HUL-KGX, 1148 KGX-HUL, 1531 HUL-KGX, 1948 KGX-HUL
Sunday 3/3/19: 0906 HUL-KGX, 1258 KGX-HUL

Darandio

Established Member
Interesting move by Hull Trains this morning to update the news page on their website this morning. In doing so they have removed all of the apologies and the latest news piece is now from September 2018, before the shenanigans. None of this happened, it was all a dream and the only news from Hull Trains is good news!

_toommm_

Established Member
Interesting move by Hull Trains this morning to update the news page on their website this morning. In doing so they have removed all of the apologies and the latest news piece is now from September 2018, before the shenanigans. None of this happened, it was all a dream and the only news from Hull Trains is good news!

Rose tinted spectacles my friend!

HullRailMan

Well it has been updated along with the rest of the website. Why would apologies posted last year be in the slightest bit relevant to anyone now?

Darandio

Established Member
Well it has been updated along with the rest of the website. Why would apologies posted last year be in the slightest bit relevant to anyone now?

OK then, not just apologies, that wasn't a good example. Everything was removed, news of how crap it was, news of how it was getting better, updates from the MD etc etc.

robbeech

Established Member
Does it not depend on what remains?

If it’s been turned back to before the issues but everything before it remains it’s a bit cheeky, but if it’s just all gone and new stuff replaces it then I can’t see what the issue is.

HullRailMan

Exactly, it’s hardly unusual for a company to use its ‘news’ part of a website to sell itself.

To be fair it seems good progress has been made recently. Tomorrow’s 0727 cancellation is the first train fault cancellation for a month which, in the The context of late last year, is a good achievement. Not perfect but a good step forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.