• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains Class 802.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugby

Established Member
I understand that one set of these trains is now being used in service, does it have a particular diagram?

I'm thinking of taking a trip on New Years Day, perhaps on the 0726 from Kings Cross, does anyone know what's likely to be rostered for that?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

High Dyke

Established Member
I understand that one set of these trains is now being used in service, does it have a particular diagram?

I'm thinking of taking a trip on New Years Day, perhaps on the 0726 from Kings Cross, does anyone know what's likely to be rostered for that?
The current trend seems to be for the unit to work the:
  • 10:33 Hull - Kings Cross
  • 13:48 Kings Cross - Hull
  • 17:08 Hull - Kings Cross
  • 20:30 Kings Cross - Hull
This has been the pattern for a couple of weeks now, though a 180 may be substituted at any time. There has been one off round trips on others services, but so far none had worked the 07:27 from Kings Cross until this week. Part of that is due to the 08:24 Hull - Kings Cross etc being diagrammed for a pair of 180's.

It may depend on which unit is berthed in London on New Year's Eve.

Peter Bonner

Hi all, Merry Xmas, does anyone know the Paragon diagrams from KgX tomorrow (Sat 28th ) ?

180113 is on 1052 Beverley to KX today.

It has been debranded on one side so presumably going off lease soon. Anyone know any more on this? 802s have been to Bev reportedly but I've not seen one here yet.

Mugby

Established Member
Evening all. rather late in posting this but....

Following my original question, I did actually travel on the 0726 from Kings Cross on New Years Day, it was a Class 180.

I was quite pleased really, it was a very nice journey on a train which won't be operating that service for much longer. There will be plenty of opportunities to sample the 802s on future occasions!

TrainTube

Evening all. rather late in posting this but....

Following my original question, I did actually travel on the 0726 from Kings Cross on New Years Day, it was a Class 180.

I was quite pleased really, it was a very nice journey on a train which won't be operating that service for much longer. There will be plenty of opportunities to sample the 802s on future occasions!
Actually, EMR are taking them from Hull Trains, will be a while until they refurbish the interior so you should be able to bash them again!

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Do we have a more up to date idea of which diagrams are 802 worked now?

It doesn't work like that in this instance. All the staff are trained on 180s and 802s so they can run on whichever service is convenient. The service can be run with three units but that doesn't mean there aren't swaps at Hull.

At the moment there are two 180s and three 802s sharing the operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.