• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains Class 802s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordac

Established Member
Have these all carried passengers? Last time I looked at it, before the last time they restarted service in April, there was one unit that hadn't entered service yet, though I can't remember which one.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Have these all carried passengers? Last time I looked at it, before the last time they restarted service in April, there was one unit that hadn't entered service yet, though I can't remember which one.
This will have to be 305 as I have been on all of the others

Townsend Hook

802305 was, I believe, the last to enter traffic. I travelled on it on what was apparently it’s second day in service on Sunday 18th October last year, on St Pancras diverts.

Ilovetrains43

On Moderation
I think the situation with 802 305 is that it is spare as there were only 4 trains that they replaced. That's probably why 802 301/2/3/4 sport vinyls on dark blue livery and 802 305 doesn't. And I think at the min, 802 305 is being used for driver training at East Coast Trains.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I think the situation with 802 305 is that it is spare as there were only 4 trains that they replaced. That's probably why 802 301/2/3/4 sport vinyls on dark blue livery and 802 305 doesn't. And I think at the min, 802 305 is being used for driver training at East Coast Trains.
No. 802305 was reported in service today and it was 802304 on hire to East Coast Trains. There could well be a good reason why 802305 doesn't have vinyls but it isn't because it is 'spare'.

The unit on hire to East Coast Trains appears to change over and not be a specific unit.

Townsend Hook

No. 802305 was reported in service today and it was 802304 on hire to East Coast Trains. There could well be a good reason why 802305 doesn't have vinyls but it isn't because it is 'spare'.

The unit on hire to East Coast Trains appears to change over and not be a specific unit.
I’d imagine it’s very possible that the main reason 305 still lacks vinyls is just that getting it vinyled up has not been much of a financial priority, given how hard HT’s finances were hit by the pandemic.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
And still not back at full pre-covid timetable either...
Only the London end services not running now I think - eg last train from Hull to London and first train from London to Hull. I can't really see why they would ever return - they usually had to price dump them to get custom.

Having said that, it looks like the evening departure from Hull on a Saturday night is coming back with a unit overnight at the London end to work mid morning from Kings Cross to Hull.

Grand Central aren't running the corresponding services on the Sunderland route either and they never existed on the West Yorkshire route in any case.

The point relevant to this thread is that they are using three 802s in service on any given day now so one for maintenance and one available for hire to ECT for the moment.

Last edited:

rustbucket

Correct - last one down was busy enough some days of the week, but as you say - dead on others

Status
Not open for further replies.