• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains - end of unreserved coach E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Bow

As the title says, and presumably in preparation for the introduction of the Paragon Fleet, Hull Trains practice of leaving Coach E (now coach D, 1st class is now E) completely unreserved has ended. Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westv

Established Member
I think that might be the case but you'd have to refer to MI5 for clarification seeing as HTs are so cagey at the moment.. :E

cf111

Established Member
I had a first class advance on Saturday which had a reservation in coach D, which I duly boarded, to discover my seat didn't exist. By the time I realised the train was full and standing so stayed in standard.

westv

Established Member
I had a first class advance on Saturday which had a reservation in coach D, which I duly boarded, to discover my seat didn't exist. By the time I realised the train was full and standing so stayed in standard.
They rearranged the seat numbers at the end of October so 1st class is no longer marked as coach D..

Aayron

I made a booking back on 29th September for travel on Monday 16th December and I see that is for coach E (1st class). What type of train it is and whether my seat exists remains to be seen.

westv

Established Member
I made a booking back on 29th September for travel on Monday 16th December and I see that is for coach E (1st class). What type of train it is and whether my seat exists remains to be seen.
See my post 4.

HullRailMan

They have reconfigured the 180’s seat numbers to match the layout of the new trains. The idea is that, when the 802’s come online, the two fleets can run alongside each other without conflicting reservations. On the 180’s, coach E is now D and D is E! Sadly, the fully unreserved coach is no more and unreserved seats are in each coach. That makes them harder to find and seems like a backward step to me.

tpjm

They have reconfigured the 180’s seat numbers to match the layout of the new trains. The idea is that, when the 802’s come online, the two fleets can run alongside each other without conflicting reservations. On the 180’s, coach E is now D and D is E! Sadly, the fully unreserved coach is no more and unreserved seats are in each coach. That makes them harder to find and seems like a backward step to me.
Better for dwell time though! The cross over of Class 185 into Mk5a is a nightmare as A and B are often full with C and D empty. Unfortunately a lot of people prefer to stand in the door well with headphones in rather than exploring the train and listening to the onboard announcements!

theironroad

Established Member

It is a backward step. Unfortunately LNER have adopted it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.