• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains HST

Status
Not open for further replies.

df43101

That`s a shame. I`m in the area on Monday & was hoping to catch up with it. What did it work last Monday out of curiosity ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Does anyone know if it's out today or tomorrow please?
Normally it is only out Fridays to Sundays at the moment. The HST then goes back to Bristol for maintenance between Monday and Thursday.

nat67

Established Member
190's due to be going off-lease tomorrow - or so I've heard. If that's the case, my fingers are tightly crossed for 43025 (last required 'endangered' powercar) to drop on it...
I can guarantee that 43025 will not turn up.

cactustwirly

Established Member
190's due to be going off-lease tomorrow - or so I've heard. If that's the case, my fingers are tightly crossed for 43025 (last required 'endangered' powercar) to drop on it...

I believe the next set is 43020 & 43023

Railperf

Established Member
Do we know which diagrams the HST ran on last weekend - Sat and Sun, and whether this weekends workings are likely to be the same?

cactustwirly

Established Member
Do we know which diagrams the HST ran on last weekend - Sat and Sun, and whether this weekends workings are likely to be the same?

Usually the 1148 KGX - HUL, as that's a Hull-Hull diagram.
The other 2 are Hull-Bounds Green/Bounds Green-Hull

On Moderation
I don't understand all this frothing about getting them now. They've been there 40+ years to get and have never exactly been rare on passenger trains!!!

irish_rail

Established Member
I'm afraid 025 is on Laira undergoing work and is now unbranded and de named and presumably now either off lease or about to be.

CC 72100

Established Member
I don't understand all this frothing about getting them now. They've been there 40+ years to get and have never exactly been rare on passenger trains!!!

Possibly not, but not everyone has been in the position to get them for the last 40 years or may have individual targets. Especially on such an iconic traction. A personal target for me, for example, is to get all the GWR power cars for 1K in mileage and for the year. That's the quirk of this hobby, it can be interacted in in different ways.*

*Although if, sometime around 2044, I'm there chasing 800025 as it's required for the year before it gets turned into razor blades then please have a quiet word with me!

nat67

Established Member
Possibly not, but not everyone has been in the position to get them for the last 40 years or may have individual targets. Especially on such an iconic traction. A personal target for me, for example, is to get all the GWR power cars for 1K in mileage and for the year. That's the quirk of this hobby, it can be interacted in in different ways.*

*Although if, sometime around 2044, I'm there chasing 800025 as it's required for the year before it gets turned into razor blades then please have a quiet word with me!
You tell me I want 43162 the git it's on 228 for me, absolute rubbish. I have had 19 off lease GWR power cars for the year so no hope for me.

_toommm_

Established Member

Someone like myself who is new to the scene might only have been doing it in the fashion that a lot of us do it in for a year or two - I've only just cleared all Northern pacers last month (for example), after trying for a whole year to find 142057.

I'm still young so HSTs are still novel to me, along with the slam doors too - each to their own in such a vast hobby really...

Status
Not open for further replies.