• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains qualified driver talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

centro-323

(Talent Pool), 35 hours, Hull, Circa £61,800, Job share opportunities considered

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I'd be surprised if, at this time, many qualifieds would want to go to an open access operator (given what happened with furlough). Also its a talent pool so even more strange; either you need drivers quickly or you don't!

Established Member
I'd be surprised if, at this time, many qualifieds would want to go to an open access operator (given what happened with furlough). Also its a talent pool so even more strange; either you need drivers quickly or you don't!

The talent pool thing seems to have been adopted across the industry because it offers maximum flexibility to TOCs, so I suppose it’s no surprise OA operators have followed suit. It doesn’t necessarily imply a long wait: when I moved TOCs as a qualified driver a couple of years ago I was placed into a pool but it was a speedy process and I had a start date within a week or so of my interview. It’s a much smaller market than for trainees and they don’t seem to bother interviewing unless they need people fairly sharpish.

Agreed it’s difficult to imagine many qualified drivers applying. I suppose it might make sense for someone from Hull who is desperate to relocate back, as I don’t think there are any TOC depots within commuting distance. In fact I was speaking to a TM earlier who is in exactly that position and received an offer from HT which was “put on hold”, earlier this year and is worried about job security!

KT530

(Talent Pool), 35 hours, Hull, Circa £61,800, Job share opportunities considered

Great detail in the advert re work content and link structure

if only all TOCs provided this info in their ads

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

That is indeed quite a nice touch. Probably only suitable for qualifieds though.

WestRiding

Open Access, no chance! Not after the last 18 months. Are they even part of the Railway Pension Scheme, or something inferior?

tiptoptaff

Established Member
HT are probably one of the safer OA TOCs, in all fairness. Its only GC that never got started that caused headaches.

Established GC, HT and E* are all back running to various degrees.

And Lumo isn't far from kicking off

OA isn't as bad as some people here like to make out

Established Member
HT are probably one of the safer OA TOCs, in all fairness. Its only GC that never got started that caused headaches.

Established GC, HT and E* are all back running to various degrees.

And Lumo isn't far from kicking off

OA isn't as bad as some people here like to make out

It’s interesting how Ts and Cs seem to have improved at the established OA TOCs (eg Privs now being offered), albeit I’d still have concerns around pension.

Do Hull Trains have lodge turns? It’s not specifically mentioned in the spec as far as I can see.

Agreed. Albeit I suppose this kind of thing tends to be highly depot specific. If you have more than one depot it would be impossible to provide this kind of information in a job advert unless it was about three feet long!

YingYing

Do Hull Trains have lodge turns? It’s not specifically mentioned in the spec as far as I can see.
"Our core route is Hull/Beverley to Kings Cross on ECML, with diversions via Goole, Hertford and Lincoln, with some overnight stays"

Is that lodging or something else?

Established Member
"Our core route is Hull/Beverley to Kings Cross on ECML, with diversions via Goole, Hertford and Lincoln, with some overnight stays"

Is that lodging or something else?

Sorry missed that, that’ll teach me to skim read! It’s a question of how often, I guess. Every few weeks in a block might be ok, every other shift not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.