• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull trains terminating at brough

Status
Not open for further replies.

hougtimo

Well it looks like hull trains will be terminating at Brough this weekend. Anyone any idea on how the logistics of that are going to work? Where are they going to keep any units between services?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Well it looks like hull trains will be terminating at Brough this weekend. Anyone any idea on how the logistics of that are going to work? Where are they going to keep any units between services?

I haven't looked at the engineering details for this weekend, but last weekend's work was taking place nearer to Hull at Hessle East Junction. As a result it would probably be possible to run a unit up to Melton Lane box to keep it out of the way if required. However, TPE trains are terminating Selby, and some Northern trains are not running anywhere near Brough either, so I suspect Hull Trains would be quite ok to just cross over at Brough and sit in the up platform as nothing else would need to use the platform while they are.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I haven't looked at the engineering details for this weekend, but last weekend's work was taking place nearer to Hull at Hessle East Junction. As a result it would probably be possible to run a unit up to Melton Lane box to keep it out of the way if required. However, TPE trains are terminating Selby, and some Northern trains are not running anywhere near Brough either, so I suspect Hull Trains would be quite ok to just cross over at Brough and sit in the up platform as nothing else would need to use the platform while they are.

Indeed, that sounds about right. It has been done a few times before in the last few years. However, for some reason Hull Trains used to run their rail replacement buses from Selby rather than Brough. There was an occasion when the Hull Trains website recommended passengers to alight at Selby but journey planners advised people to stay on to Brough to pick up a TPE rail replacement from there into Hull, thus arriving about 20 minutes earlier! However, on the occasion I was going to do this, the HT service was late and I ended up on their bus as it was held for the train at Selby!

hougtimo

Would be good if they held units at Melton... I'm literally two mins away from Gibson lane.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well there should be a HT unit laid up somewhere at the moment - been out looking for it and can't find anything :(

Checked brough station (copule of 158s in evidence there though), welton waters, melton, and ferriby station.

No sign of anything.

Perhaps they're sending a unit from tother way?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also does anyone know what happened with HT at retford on the 23rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.