• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hungary - Diesel Loco Hauled Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

Planning a trip to Hungary and would like to get behind as many diesel loco hauled services as possible in a day.

Planning on doing;

Kelenfold-Tapolca
Celldomolk-Gyor
Gyor-Veszprem (Unsure if this is still loco hauled)

Are there any other lines still with loco hauled services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zamracene749

Hi, Weekend services 8802/3 Kaposvar – Tapolca might be worth a look. Further east there's plenty of haulage, line 108 Debrecen to Fuzesabony should still be M41 worked with push pull fresh air stock. A lovely rural ride over the high Hungarian Plain. I believe a few other Debrecen services are booked M41, line 113 Debrecen to Fehergyarmat, cross border services towards Oradea and Valea Lui Mihai. HTH

burns20

We're there Monday to Wednesday.

Mondays journey is Lviv-Chop-Zahony-Debrecen-Tizsafured-Fuzesabony-Hatvan-Keleti-Kelenfold

Tuesday's journey is Kelenfold-Tapolca-Ukk-Celldomolk-Gyor-Vezsprem-Kelenfold

Wednesday is the Forest Railway's at Szob and Kismaros

Zamracene749

I've never done any of the forest railways :) Sounds like a fantastic trip m8, hope to see some pics on the Trip Reports section of the forum afterwards!

androom8

We're there Monday to Wednesday.

Mondays journey is Lviv-Chop-Zahony-Debrecen-Tizsafured-Fuzesabony-Hatvan-Keleti-Kelenfold

Tuesday's journey is Kelenfold-Tapolca-Ukk-Celldomolk-Gyor-Vezsprem-Kelenfold

Wednesday is the Forest Railway's at Szob and Kismaros

I just googled for those forest railways and what I found that Szob-Nagyborzsony does not operate in winter and the Kismaros-Kiralyret only operates at weekends unless pre-booked special schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.