Huntingdon

Discussion in 'Photography Sites, Blogs & Videos' started by tadhatter, 8 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tadhatter

tadhatter Member

What an excellent location for photography! On a curve with excellent viewing with long span electrification so no OLE getting in the way.

Also a relatively good variety of traction from 91s/MK4s, EMUs, DMUs and freight.

2. fishquinn

fishquinn Established Member Quizmaster

And HSTs!

3. tadhatter

tadhatter Member

Technically aren't they DMUs?

4. fishquinn

fishquinn Established Member Quizmaster

Nope! I don't want to turn another thread into a what are HSTs thread but they are not DMUs. DMUs have underfloor engines and are part of 1 train. HST power cars can operate under their own power and have an engine at the front of the train.

5. PermitToTravel

PermitToTravel Established Member

Then why have your only contributions to the thread been to do that!?

6. tadhatter

tadhatter Member

Probably my fault in all fairness. But back to my original point; I'd never been to huntingdon before so it was a gamble! The bloke monitoring the barriers looked tough but I said who I was, that I was a rail enthusiast and please would it be possible to access the platforms to photograph some trains for about an hour. I think he was slightly dumbstruck by the request but kindly let me through no further questions asks and no other interruptions! By the time I left the barriers were left open and unmanned.

My secret weapon was that I'd have bought a ticket for Peterborough if all else failed!

7. 45669

45669 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.