• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hybrid Versas on country routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTPreston_Tez

My school bus - the Preston Bus 695 Cadley - Lea Town will need to be Versa operated on 19th due to a large number of suitcases that will be onboard; the current Lynx cannot cater for this.
However, what are Versas like on country roads, and what about the hybrid version which Preston Bus operates. I've only seen them work on slow intra-city routes, how do they fare at higher speeds and on bumpy roads? Westleigh-Lea Town will be where real speed is picked up, and I'm not sure about how buses cope up that way, having never rode one up there.
Will they fare? Or will they break down? I'd like to know ASAP to provide a backup argument should Rotala disallow old Lynxie to take a break from this route. And where would it go? Direct swap with the Park and Ride imho.
Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cainebj

Established Member
The Hybrid's are generally limited to 40mph.
Surely they'd just use a Scania Esteem if the Lynx is unsuitable or unavailable?

mbonwick

Established Member
I would have thought that the Lynx would still be utilised as its bigger than the Versa.....similarly I'd expect an Esteem to be preferable to a Versa, again because of size.

VTPreston_Tez

The Hybrid's are generally limited to 40mph.
Surely they'd just use a Scania Esteem if the Lynx is unsuitable or unavailable?

You have a point there. What Preston Bus units can fit an unannounced number of suitcases, bags, and all that jazz? It will need a lot of luggage space, the Versas can just convert 3 disabled seats into luggage space and there'd still be room for everyone to fit on, especially Tuesday-Friday (the Versa should be running all week)
What will happen to the 14 that operates straight after though? I'll find out tomorrow but if the forum have ideas of what could happen feel free to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.