• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I believe this is the first un-official patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

www.geocities.com/swifturbanfox/in2urban

It changes the rain sounds on DMU's to more realistic sounds, it being in waves instead of being constant, and apprantly some wind sounds too, but i can't hear these, maybe too much bass on my part

It is a fanastic little patch, originally made for the 158, although it works on the others well too

It isn't my work BTW, some one with more than two brain cells has made it (and for ref: one of my brain cells is trains, the other is jayne :p)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.
The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

_____

Looks like others have seen it too!

Coxster

Established Member
I host all files on Sam's website so if these are any good then I'll upload them to my site. I currently host his 165, 170/3 and 180.

matrix358 said:
Wind and Rain Patch

windandrain.jpg

Hiya, I just thought I'd mention that my latest patch or 'tweak' is now available for download through my site. It deals with the weather side of BVE4 by adding brand new stereo in-train audio sounds with a blending method intergrated giving a far more realistic and appealing effect when driving in stormy weather, eg in the Network West Midlands project. It really is very noticable, and I really do recomend that you try it - I've patched all my BVE4 trains and I hope it adds a little bit more punch to your driving experience! Give it a shot, its in my downloads section :D
The patch was initially designed for the Class 158, and i do feel it works best with this train, but you can use it on any modern multiple unit.

www.geocities.com/swifturbanfox/in2urban

nutter

I don't notice the wind but the rain is certainly noticeab;e, although as they are not 'tied down' to individural drops when then it starts to try up the sound will suddenly stop, stops you getting the sueaking too, as they change that sound to a less annoying thud, but thats the only 'bug' i can find., but it's a useful bug

Chris

Sounds good, I like it. It gives a bit of depth to the sound, there is the echo you have with the sharpness of the raindrops at speed...if that makes sense!
:wave:

Ben

nutter said:
try again this morning steve, the counter should have been re-set, although it isn't my website i belive the counters are re-set every night
Since When have i been called Steve? :P

Anyway it works now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.