• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I collect rail tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

t o m

Anyone want an Abellio Corporate Travel ticket wallet? Brand new, issued with my NR season ticket. I can upload a photo if anyone wants.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stuartmoss

Anyone want an Abellio Corporate Travel ticket wallet? Brand new, issued with my NR season ticket. I can upload a photo if anyone wants.

Is it one of the plastic credit card sized ones? If so, yes please, I go through them about 1 every 6 months, only got two left.

t o m

Is it one of the plastic credit card sized ones? If so, yes please, I go through them about 1 every 6 months, only got two left.

Yeah, it is a credit card size one. It looks like this... Let me know if you'd like it, free to a good home. I thought I'd offer it here rather than just bin it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 58

VTPreston_Tez

Yeah, it is a credit card size one. It looks like this... Let me know if you'd like it, free to a good home. I thought I'd offer it here rather than just bin it.

Eh, I think I might need a new card holder soon. I think I'll take it, if nobody else wants it of course.

aleandrail

Hello I have some tickets I would like to exchange on a swap basis if that is any help

cjp

If they are of any use to you I have some 30-40 bits of orange card including
plus bus, over distance excess, sleeper promo, sleeper reservations, seat and cycle reservations (bike and passenger copies). You can have them foc

And a "Baldock ticket" and itinery (which I might just keep):D

breadfan

I was about to throw about 15 tickets that were lying around into the recycling today. Shall I stick them aside for you?

I've done a couple of Stratchclyde day tickets recently, during which I've been issued with a ticket just to get me through the barrier, would these be any use? (for future reference, I've binned the ones I had).

I'm sure I have a load of blank tickets from the 80s, rescued from a skip. They're in my folks' loft (unless they've binned them). Would these be worth anything?

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I was about to throw about 15 tickets that were lying around into the recycling today. Shall I stick them aside for you?

I've done a couple of Stratchclyde day tickets recently, during which I've been issued with a ticket just to get me through the barrier, would these be any use? (for future reference, I've binned the ones I had).

I'm sure I have a load of blank tickets from the 80s, rescued from a skip. They're in my folks' loft (unless they've binned them). Would these be worth anything?

Yes of course thats great, especially the 80's ones! Thanks so much! I will PM you further when I get home, school PC's dont seem to like the PM feature (It turns up an error 404 page) :/

VTPreston_Tez

I've learnt how much postage costs to send my stuff to you and it's 50p for second class or 60p for first class stamps.
I'll negotiate everything else in pm if you wish to have the tickets I've already told you about.

starrymarkb

Established Member
I might have some for you...

I certainly have...
GVB Smart day ticket (a disposable OV-Chipkaart)
Berlin VBB day ticket (on DB stock)
A couple of BR tickets

I also possibly have if I've not thrown away
LVB day pass (on LVB stock)
NS Weekend Return

I might batch up a few more from my travels :)

breadfan

Yes of course thats great, especially the 80's ones! Thanks so much! I will PM you further when I get home, school PC's dont seem to like the PM feature (It turns up an error 404 page) :/

No worries. PM me your address.

The 80s ones are in the loft at my parents' house. I think. Don't hold your breath on them.

Meanwhile, I reckon the usual tickets for me (North West based) would not be much use for you, but I'll happily stick them aside and send them to you. If you could find a decent charity box to put the postage costs into, job's a good 'un.

I'll probably save some up unto the back of September so there'll be a good amount.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
No worries. PM me your address.

The 80s ones are in the loft at my parents' house. I think. Don't hold your breath on them.

Meanwhile, I reckon the usual tickets for me (North West based) would not be much use for you, but I'll happily stick them aside and send them to you. If you could find a decent charity box to put the postage costs into, job's a good 'un.

I'll probably save some up unto the back of September so there'll be a good amount.

Hi mate I will PM you later when I have finished my dinner :)

On another note, do stations hold quantities of used rail tickets by any chance? I remember seeing a large pile of used tickets at the info desk at St Pancras once and wondered do all stations do that. If so, are they able to give them away for free if I offer a polite request? Seeing as they will just get thrown out/recycled anyway. Also, what happens to tickets kept by the barriers at station with them installed? I emailed ATW about this and they told me simply they don't give them out and they are unable to. What about if I went to Chester (Nearest gated station) and asked the station manager politely? Is he/she in such a position that allows this, or are they not allowed under rules to open the ticket barriers?

CHeers!

causton

Established Member
Hi mate I will PM you later when I have finished my dinner :)

On another note, do stations hold quantities of used rail tickets by any chance? I remember seeing a large pile of used tickets at the info desk at St Pancras once and wondered do all stations do that. If so, are they able to give them away for free if I offer a polite request? Seeing as they will just get thrown out/recycled anyway. Also, what happens to tickets kept by the barriers at station with them installed? I emailed ATW about this and they told me simply they don't give them out and they are unable to. What about if I went to Chester (Nearest gated station) and asked the station manager politely? Is he/she in such a position that allows this, or are they not allowed under rules to open the ticket barriers?

CHeers!

Gateline staff will have access to them as it is part of their job to throw them away! I don't know whether there are any that you would be friendly enough to ask ;) but it might be worth a shot as they can hold a lot in there!

BestWestern

Established Member
I would imagine most staff are likely to be a little wary of handing over a big stack of tix, even used ones, as they might be seen by a manager and accused of all sorts! The railway is always paranoid about ticket fraud, and moreso nowadays as we have organised gangs (allegedly) making a fortune out of selling fakes. Having said that, there's no harm in asking! Be particularly careful about trying to obtain blanks though.

Do I recall a member somewhere on here who collects HST window labels? I don't think that was you though Alex?!

CC 72100

Established Member

Do I recall a member somewhere on here who collects HST window labels? I don't think that was you though Alex?!

Yes. 50fan91 does if I remember correctly. I'm partial to a few mind, and it's very interesting looking back at some from virgin XC days when I was having a sort out recently.

aleandrail

I would imagine most staff are likely to be a little wary of handing over a big stack of tix, even used ones, as they might be seen by a manager and accused of all sorts! The railway is always paranoid about ticket fraud, and moreso nowadays as we have organised gangs (allegedly) making a fortune out of selling fakes. Having said that, there's no harm in asking! Be particularly careful about trying to obtain blanks though.

I have just done a 7 day rover around the east midlands, I did ask the guy at the gate at some stations but I was refused, politely, every time

ATW Alex 101

Established Member

Yes that was a thought, they are kept and sent away to be destroyed/recycled for a reason! But they are rubbish and they are used and marked so I wont use the again, I'm only collecting! As for window labels, I do collect them myself and I know ollieb does and I think TempleMeads does.

VT_Valenta

Got a few tix (81 to be precise) you can have. Mainly from around the South West (a few from SAL, WSB, FRM etc)

Also got a LU Off peak 1-4 travel card and a Devon Ranger ticket.

If you're interested you can have them. They've been in a box for ages!

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi guys just received 2 packages of tickets today and I don't know who they are from! Thing is with large mail coming to my house is that my house name is also the same name of a business unit near me so they get sent to there rather than my home. Somebody from that business delivers it personally, we have contacted Royal Mail about it loads and it still happens. Only happens for large letter, packages and deliveries. That's also why it arrives late. If you could PM me if you were the one who sent the tickets thats great! I don't to seem ungrateful without thanking them and just taking them

Poster above, I have PM'd you, thanks very much ;)

TrainBoy98

Alex, I have a guy down Worthing who saves them up for myself and my cousin Scott. When you come down, if he's on the barrier, he will give us bags full (literally, Saturday when I asked to keep my ticket, he suspiciously asked why. I said I collect them and he said ah hello again, Ive got a couple of bags of them for you! And handed my two entire plastic bags full!

When you come down, we'll have to get some!

AntoniC

Morning Alex,

Hope you are well.

From yesterdays Pacer Bash I have :

South Pennines Day Ranger (printed on normal orange/yellow stock) and a West Yorkshire Train Day Rover Ticket (printed on Metro stock) and a Southport - Mcr CDR (on orange/yellow stock).

If your interested PM your address and I will post them to you.

Regards

AntoniC

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
If anybody's got a good load of Edmonson tickets and general tickets before APTIS that they're willing to part with please PM me and we can negotiate a price, mine have all been chucked out :( (because apparently it's sad and I should get out more :roll:)

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Call me a tramp, dirty or whatever but I've just found a massive pile of blank fanfold tickets in a station bin! (the bin only had the tickets and a coke can in it)

Z12XE

ATWalex101 -

I have a wad of tickets, from 2000 onwards, some APTIS printed, some out of more modern systems.

There's a few "odd" ones (in today's terms) such as the daily pink travelcard and some GER ONLY routed tickets.

If you want them please PM me with where to send them or they'll go in a bin shortly as I don't want them. Don't worry about postage, it'll only be a couple of quid so i'll cover that.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

HST Power

Established Member
Are you still looking for Tyne & Wear Metro Tickets? I have the following -

1) A DaySaver from Callerton Parkway, valid to Zones A+B+C, issued last year

2) Another DaySaver for the same routes, starting from Bank Foot, issued 2011

I've also got old East Coast tickets from Kings Cross to Newcastle, and a stack of 1st Class Return Tickets from Letchworth to Westminster.

I have a load of 1st Class tickets between Potters Bar and various other stops. Most of my tickets (90% I would say) are 1st Class.

If anyone from the Ticket Stock Gallery is reading this, I am happy to photograph them and send them in if you need them. Scanning is not an option though.

breadfan

I've still got a growing collection of tickets I've used and some I've picked up for you, including some from a French jolly last week. I'm still awaiting your address, but I'm intending doing a 2 week ALR next month so I'll probably bag a load more on that.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi I have limited internet access but I will try and reply to you all ASAP.

Please also note I am now collecting TOC branded items from all TOC's and past TOC'S. Things like ticket wallets, antimacassar's (headrest covers usually found in FC) , and other items with TOC branding on it. I also collect HST window labels.

Last edited:

HST Power

Established Member
Hi I have limited internet access but I will try and reply to you all ASAP.

Please also note I am now collecting TOC branded items from all TOC's and past TOC'S. Things like ticket wallets, antimacassar's (headrest covers usually found in FC) , and other items with TOC branding on it. I also collect HST window labels.

How can you collect a headrest cover found in First Class? Rip it off? Ask the guard, who would probably think you were crazy?! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.