• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I collect rail tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi all,

Some of you may recall a thread I made a few months ago and I mentioned that I like collecting tickets and just like to keep masses of them.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72750

ATWalex101 said:
Hi

I like collecting used tickets and any type of the standard orange stock, receipts reservations everything.

If anyone does have loads they are chucking out or not wanting ill give them a free home, but I am unable to provide any funds or donation. But if you want to get rid of tickets I am more than happy to accept them.

Cheers

Well I am extending my collection and I now collect all ticket types as opposed to just standard orange ticket stock. The ones I like most in my collection, besides orange stock, are:

• Yellow Metrolink tickets
  • Blue season tickets
  • London underground ticketing stock
  • Emirates airline "boarding passes"

But I do collect any type of ticket at all if not included in the list above regardless of the colour. Within theses tickets, I collect absolutely everything so travel documentation, reservations, rangers and rovers, receipts and plusbus tickets and I don't care how old they are, I like the older ones better. I also will pay for large amounts of over 50 tickets. If anybody does have any lying around or have some that they have no use for, contact me.

Cheers
Alex :)

08/05/13

So as with the point of the thread, I am collecting absolutely any type of ticket be it receipt, credit sales vouchers or just normal tickets, I also am looking for some specific tickets for the "quality" side of the collection (I have the quantity and the quality sections-If you get where I'm coming from). As such I provide a list of specific tickets I'm looking for on top of just general tickets.

In desperate need of/have non of
(Just anything printed on stock from the following transport systems)
  • Tyne and Wear Metro
  • Glasgow subway
  • Midland Metro
  • Sheffield Supertram
  • Nottingham Express Transit
  • Docklands Light Railway
  • Blackpool Trams
  • London Tramlink
  • Just general older style tickets for above and below

Have a few of but would like some more
  • Manchester Metrolink
  • Emirates Air-line

Have loads but contributions warmly appreciated
  • London Underground

And I am also in requirement for a few more types of non light rail/metro stock so mainly different types of orange ticketing stock and other unique ticketing stock.

Non-orange ticketing stock
  • Network Daytrippers
  • Rail ranger
  • Blue season tickets
  • Gold cards
  • Carnet tickets
  • Any other form of season ticket
  • Promotional/limited edition/celebratory ticketing stock.
  • Permit to Travel*
  • Any other examples of non-orange ticketing stock
  • General older style tickets that aren't orange
  • Black Aptis Platform tickets
  • Day travelcard stock
  • Paper reservations that aren't on orange ticket stock e.g FGW HST ones (Do not remove then unless they are yours and they are 'complete' and certainly don't just go down the train picking them up)
* Need quite a few of for a project

Specific Types of orange stock
  • Itineraries
  • Rangers printed from an Avantix Mobile machine
  • Platform tickets
  • Blank tickets
  • Older style orange tickets (Especially Aptis)
  • Reservations printed on orange stock (the ones that go in the back of the seat)
  • Cycle reservations
  • First Class upgrades
  • 'Void' tickets

In general
  • Absolutely anything on orange ticketing stock so stuff like normal tickets, receipts, collection receipts, credit sales voucher-Just anything on orange ticket stock. I collect masses of them so if you have just tickets lying around I'll have them.
  • Just general tickets for light rail/metro systems, again I welcome any form of railway tickets.
  • Just general tickets
  • Flight tickets, Boarding passes etc
  • Bus/Coach tickets on card (not paper)
  • Ticket wallets from all companies, especially unique ones. (Apart from the standard NR one)

SO if you have any of the above and are willing to give them away, please drop me a PM or if my mailbox is full, post in the thread. I will pay for postage in certain cases.

Thanks very much for reading
Alex

This thread will be tidied and updated

24/04/13-I have made a few edits to my list and corrected a few minor errors
08/05/13-Made a few more adjustments
06/06/13-Update made to wanted coloured tickets, ticket wallets added

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

RailUK is collecting scans of travel documents for its ticket gallery. Alex, I will PM later if you are willing to help.

Temple Meads

Established Member
Alex, as you know I have a relatively vast collection of tickets, I'd be willing to sell you a good deal of them, depending on how much you're willing to pay ( ;) ), also could you elaborate on what you mean by travel documentation? PM me or message me on facebook (Tim Squires) if you want to discuss further.

PS District: I might also be able to help with this ticket gallery depending on what you need, PM me with any more info.

district

TempleMeads I will also PM you the details when I get home from work, and arrange for you to be able to view the gallery - it is not yet public.

The link TP provided is also in my signature.

stuartmoss

Alex, I will start to keep tickets for you (they only get thrown away), and when I have a decent amount will post them, these will include international tickets. I don't want any money for them, message me your address.

district

Stuart - I have PM'd you.

I would urge anyone else with rail tickets who would be willing to scan them in to contribute to an upcoming ticket gallery. Please send me a PM if you would like details.

deltic1989

Established Member
Alex, I also tend to throw away rail tickets after they are used, so I will start keeping them for you same as Stuart.
As a point of interest too, do you collect bus and tram tickets? If so then I can let you have a fair few Nottingham bus and tram tickets if you are that way inclined.
I must say that I can imagine ticket collecting to be a facinating hobby, although maybe not for me.
if you have any photos of you collection, I'm sure we would be interested to see them.
Good luck with your collection, and PM me about the bus/tram tickets.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Alex, I also tend to throw away rail tickets after they are used, so I will start keeping them for you same as Stuart.
As a point of interest too, do you collect bus and tram tickets? If so then I can let you have a fair few Nottingham bus and tram tickets if you are that way inclined.
I must say that I can imagine ticket collecting to be a facinating hobby, although maybe not for me.
if you have any photos of you collection, I'm sure we would be interested to see them.
Good luck with your collection, and PM me about the bus/tram tickets.

Alex, I will start to keep tickets for you (they only get thrown away), and when I have a decent amount will post them, these will include international tickets. I don't want any money for them, message me your address.

Stuart and Deltic. I have PM'd you both. Thanks for offering to save up some tickets for me :D I have some pictures of my collection:

544229_114065318781395_779473638_n.jpg

46924_114065798781347_781711558_n.jpg

Trainfan344

Established Member
I have a few railway tickets I could send you, I would charge you for the cost of a stamp, but it's not worth it! I have a Midland Day Ranger Ticket if you would like that.

stuartmoss

I've put them in the post today Alex, found quite a few, I don't have a scanner, but if you do would appreciate it if you could scan any that I have sent which may be of interest to Rail UK.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I've put them in the post today Alex, found quite a few, I don't have a scanner, but if you do would appreciate it if you could scan any that I have sent which may be of interest to Rail UK.

Hi sorry for the very late reply. I did receive them and I have scanned appropriate tickets for the gallery. Thank you very very much for your contribution and I am very grateful.:) I felt bad replying late because it seems like I have just received your tickets without saying thank you. :(
Are you sure you don't want anything for postage?

I have a few railway tickets I could send you, I would charge you for the cost of a stamp, but it's not worth it! I have a Midland Day Ranger Ticket if you would like that.

Hi Trainfan, if you want to send me tickets, I would prefer (without sounding too cheeky ;) ) if you send a large amounts over say 10 or 20 at a time for your sake so that you don't have to pay 50p (or whatever it is for a stamp) just for a few tickets, at least if you have over 10 or 20, a postage stamp or 2 should just cover it. Of course I will pay for postage anyway! But for your sake, wait till your tickets grow then send me in bulk so you don't waste postage, but as stated I will pay for postage if you want to send me a few and this applies to anyone. Thank you though for your post though ;)

NSE

Established Member
I'm not willing to part with my collection, sorry Alex :P , even thought about half of it consists of Cambridge/St. Neots- London Terminals/Haywards Heath/Upper Warlingham/Raynes Park. But my collection is about three times yours :P

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I'm not willing to part with my collection, sorry Alex :P , even thought about half of it consists of Cambridge/St. Neots- London Terminals/Haywards Heath/Upper Warlingham/Raynes Park. But my collection is about three times yours :P

No it's fine mate if you're collecting too. And nice one about the last bit! You must have a fair few then!
I know a member on here who has 2 draw fulls of tickets :D

NSE

Established Member
I'm not sure why, but I only really like collecting my own tickets. I guess cause I can recall the journey and such haha

stuartmoss

Hi sorry for the very late reply. I did receive them and I have scanned appropriate tickets for the gallery. Thank you very very much for your contribution and I am very grateful.:) I felt bad replying late because it seems like I have just received your tickets without saying thank you. :(
Are you sure you don't want anything for postage?

Ah that's OK, will DM you.

Edit: Can't DM you, as your mailbox is full.

steamybrian

Established Member
Ah that's OK, will DM you.

Edit: Can't DM you, as your mailbox is full.

I also tried to PM you.
I have a large pile of estimated between 1,000 and 2,000 tickets which friends and I have used over the last few years which you can have. They are mainly from London and the South East with a few from the rest of the country.
You can have them for reimbursement of the postage and a donation to the Spa Valley Railway.
Please PM with your address if interested.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I cannot PM you as your mailbox is full.
The cost of posting them to you is £3.50 plus £5 donation.
Please PM me with you name and address and I will post them to you.

steamybrian

Established Member
I attach photo of tickets I have available for you
Sorry the photo is sideways.

Attachments

• tickets spare 3 _001.jpg
    tickets spare 3 _001.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 114

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi Brian, I had received your contribution on Thursday. Sorry for not posting the payment earlier due to being wiped out by the worst flu I've ever had. It will be posted today. I have also sent you a PM. Once again thank you very very much and I really appreciate your contribution.

steamybrian

Established Member
I am pleased you that you have received them OK.
Sorry too read that you suffering from flu but it seems to be circulating around and I also have been spluttering and coughing myself for the past week.
I have now found another similiar quantity of tickets but some going back to BR- APTIS/PORTIS days of the late 1980s and early 1990s.
Are you interested? Do you want a photo of them?

Brian

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Sorry my PM isnt working on the tablet it keeps going to an error page. I would like to see a picture of them tickets but I might not have enough money for them, I will have to check my bank balance when the statement comes in the post (should be soon). Thanks though again.

steamybrian

Established Member
I attach photo of the second batch of tickets mainly from London and the South East which is slightly less in number but contains the following varieties-
Some tickets from a friends holiday in Cornwall including a Cornish One Day Ranger
a few tickets from my travels on the Croydon Tramlink and London Underground
at least two local weekly season tickets
a few PORTIS tickets.
a few London Travelcard issued at local BR stations.

I will attempt to attach a photo.
If agreed I will post them on receipt of the cheque for the first batch

Last edited:

steamybrian

Established Member
I attach photo of the second batch of tickets which is slightly less in number but contains the following varieties-
Some tickets from a friends holiday in Cornwall including a Cornish One Day Ranger
a few tickets from my travels on the Croydon Tramlink and London Underground
at least two local weekly season tickets
a few PORTIS tickets.
a few London Travelcard issued at local BR stations.

I will attempt to attach a photo.
If agreed I will post them on receipt of the cheque for the first batch

See attached photograph

Attachments

• tickets spare 4.jpg
    tickets spare 4.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 97

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi Brian, I am very very sorry for the delay in your payment. There was no way of me getting out Saturday or Sunday (due to feeling crap) and parents are away and my nan is at home looking after us and she can't walk down the icey pavement so I've had to go out and post your check today and it should arrive around wednesday/thursday. (The first time I've been out since wednesday last week). Feeling much better now. Please do accept my apologies for the late payment. I am really sorry about it and it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been ill.

steamybrian

Established Member
Hi Brian, I am very very sorry for the delay in your payment. There was no way of me getting out Saturday or Sunday (due to feeling crap) and parents are away and my nan is at home looking after us and she can't walk down the icey pavement so I've had to go out and post your check today and it should arrive around wednesday/thursday. (The first time I've been out since wednesday last week). Feeling much better now. Please do accept my apologies for the late payment. I am really sorry about it and it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been ill.

Thanks for your reply and hope you feel better soon.
I have been unwell myself recently and had to abandoned my duty last Sunday (17th) on my local heritage railway due to coughing, sore throat and general lack of energy.
Please confirm that you would like the second batch of tickets as illustrated above in my posting of 23rd March.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Thanks for your reply and hope you feel better soon.
I have been unwell myself recently and had to abandoned my duty last Sunday (17th) on my local heritage railway due to coughing, sore throat and general lack of energy.
Please confirm that you would like the second batch of tickets as illustrated above in my posting of 23rd March.

Thanks Brian, feel much better now. I hope you get better soon as well. How much are you looking for for the second batch?

steamybrian

Established Member
Thanks Brian, feel much better now. I hope you get better soon as well. How much are you looking for for the second batch?

Received your cheque today with thanks.

The cost of the second batch will be the same as previous- postage around £3.50 plus a donation for the Spa Valley Railway. The second batch will be slightly less in number but I will include a few Edmondson card, Omniprinter, INTIS, NCR 51 and NCR21 and Ultimatic tickets from the 1980s. They are mainly from London and the South East but there are a few from around the rest of the country.Also a few seat reservation tickets from the 1970s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.