• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I collect rail tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffer68

Hi,

I have a little bundle of rail tickets here which I have kept mainly from my own train journeys and you are welcome to add them to your collection. I will try and gather some more if I can and keep any of my own for you. Please can you PM me your address and I will post them to you, FOC.

My interest is collecting timetables. Might you have any spares or perhaps be able to obtain the odd one from your local station when you go there? Sorry for the cheeky question - I would be willing to pay your postage as timetables weigh that much more. Many thanks.
Kind regards,
Paul.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi,

I have a little bundle of rail tickets here which I have kept mainly from my own train journeys and you are welcome to add them to your collection. I will try and gather some more if I can and keep any of my own for you. Please can you PM me your address and I will post them to you, FOC.

My interest is collecting timetables. Might you have any spares or perhaps be able to obtain the odd one from your local station when you go there? Sorry for the cheeky question - I would be willing to pay your postage as timetables weigh that much more. Many thanks.
Kind regards,
Paul.

Hi Buffer68,

Thanks so much thats appreciated. :) I do have a few timetables lying about, mainly EMT and I think a few virgin ones and I also have a London Underground map so I'll give you them. I;ll PM you later today.

Cheers

steamybrian

Established Member
Hi,
I have now posted to you another box of tickets as illustrated on this forum a few days ago (item no. 26). The cost to you will be reimbursement of postage of £2.60 plus a donation for Spa Valley Railway.

To all-
I have available a small collection of BR pocket timetables and leaflets from the 1970s for routes around the South East. Available for sale to any reader for the cost of reimbursement of postage( around £3 ) plus a donation for Spa Valley Railway. Please PM if interested I can display a photograph if required.

Buffer68

Hi Buffer68,

Thanks so much thats appreciated. :) I do have a few timetables lying about, mainly EMT and I think a few virgin ones and I also have a London Underground map so I'll give you them. I;ll PM you later today.

Cheers

Fantastic, thanks very much.

Dleedsutd

I am also a collector of tickets, but my collection is of blank tickets that started with the introduction of APTIS. Wondering if anybody one here has access to any current blanks that they may be able to send me, interested in regional issues, ie West Midlands, West Yorkshire etc. Also trying to get hold of a blank two together railcard.

Any help would be appreciated

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Fantastic, thanks very much.

Don't know why I said I have mainly EMT, I found them and they were Arriva trains wales. There still is one EMT timetable though. Went to Worcester today and picked up a few. Got merseyrail all lines, all ATW ones, few Northern ones, FGW and some others. Will PM you tomorrow
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi,
I have now posted to you another box of tickets as illustrated on this forum a few days ago (item no. 26). The cost to you will be reimbursement of postage of £2.60 plus a donation for Spa Valley Railway.

To all-
I have available a small collection of BR pocket timetables and leaflets from the 1970s for routes around the South East. Available for sale to any reader for the cost of reimbursement of postage( around £3 ) plus a donation for Spa Valley Railway. Please PM if interested I can display a photograph if required.

Hi Brain I received tickets yesterday after they had been sent to the wrong house (It is actually a business in the Cheshire Oaks business park, we get their mail and they get ours and they send any of ours to us vice versa). Payment along shortly

ScottMathew

@ Buffer68; I too keep and collect all my train tickets (unless a ticket barrier swallows a ticket and doesn't give me it back).
Not sure I'd take anyone else's tickets though; and definately wouldn't part with mine as they are of sentimental value.

Can I ask you though, do you have an old MML timetable you wouldn't mind selling?

I also have started to collect my seat reservation tickets (which they use on HSTs and Class 91s).

ScottMathew

Fairly sure there is technically a hefty fine for removing a reservation label!

I only take my own and at the end of my journey, when the ticket is no longer of any use or no longer required.
I think potential fines would be given to "unauthorised removal" (ie. someone removing someone else's ticket and sitting in the seat). Actually I only have two at the moment, from when I travelled to Leeds from Peterborough (Return) on a Class 91.
I just sent National Rail an email asking them if its ok to do this, as you've got me thinking now ! If it's not ok then obviously I won't do it, but I can't see why not if it's your own seat?

Last edited:

CC 72100

Established Member
I only take my own and at the end of my journey, when the ticket is no longer of any use or no longer required.
I think potential fines would be given to "unauthorised removal" (ie. someone removing someone else's ticket and sitting in the seat). Actually I only have two at the moment, from when I travelled to Leeds from Peterborough (Return) on a Class 91.
I just sent National Rail an email asking them if its ok to do this, as you've got me thinking now ! If it's not ok then obviously I won't do it, but I can't see why not if it's your own seat?

I agree with you here. I take seat reservation cards with me if I'm the last person to use the seat (when I've finished with it of course!), especially so if the my station is the final stop too - they make really useful bookmarks ;)

I don't see the issue with it really, as long as you're not tearing reservations out willy nilly, or doing it to reservations which still have information on.

Plus, they don't say anything on them about unauthorised removal, or at least the one I've got in front of me from FGW doesn't!

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi ATW,

I will save my tickets for you if you like?

I am happy to post them once I have a good number.

Are you happy to receive any or are you after particular ones?

Absolutely any, any age and any type. All forms of light rail, so London Underground, newcastle metro, Glasgow subway all sorts. Thats as well as train tickets of all varieties (receipts, travel tickets, reservations, credit sales vouchers, itineraries, the lot etc.). Thanks so much for the offer. If my PM isn't working just post in the thread and I will empty the inbox (I don't get the emails).

Just if people are wondering, I keep my own tickets in one box and keep the rest what people give me or send me in a separate box. I currently now have 3 boxes of tickets. The boxes are those that they put crackers in.

VTPreston_Tez

I just remembered that I have some Terravision Rome tickets that I never used. I won't be willing to sell them cheaply though, as you can't get them in the UK. If you're interested Alex, I can put them on eBay for you to buy if you give me a rough price.

steamybrian

Established Member
To MattE2010,

I attach a photograph of the collection of approx. 20 BR pocket timetables and 75 leaflets all from the 1970s. They are mainly from London and the South East but a few from the rest of the country including some heritage railways.

Please PM me with reply.

Brian

Attachments

• timetables spare.jpg
    timetables spare.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 102

pjnathanail

Fairly sure there is technically a hefty fine for removing a reservation label!

All the EMT ones say there is a £200 fine for unauthorised removal (and only a £50 one for unauthorised occupation of the seat), but if I am on a terminating train I just wait till everyone else has alighted and help myself to the trainloads. Occasionally I see the onboard cleaner or conductor removing them and I ask for them and this request has never been refused.

Once at Norwich I was even given a whole trainload of NXEA ones still unseparated as the inbound working was too late for them to be put out. The way I see it they are just going to be binned!

If someone was to levy the fine of £200 per ticket I would be very poor given how many I now have!

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I have some East Coast reservation labels knocking about - I even have mine from the first direct Lincoln to London service in a frame, though sadly I no longer have my actual travel ticket. Again, I've never had a problem with taking these out as I tend to do it on arrival at Kings Cross - often to serve as a bookmark for the remainder of my trip.

I've never been a big ticket collector - but I'll save anything unusual, or something issued somewhere you wouldn't expect. In all honesty, because of storage issues they aren't kept indefinitely - so once I've got more collected I'll happily pass them on (I've not got many at the moment!).

NSE

Established Member
I agree with the majority here, the only reservations I have are when they are finished. I leave them if they are valid for further along the journey, but when it only applies to me, I take it at the end of the trip

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I just remembered that I have some Terravision Rome tickets that I never used. I won't be willing to sell them cheaply though, as you can't get them in the UK. If you're interested Alex, I can put them on eBay for you to buy if you give me a rough price.

Sorry Tez bank balance running low again. Get paid next week for my saturday job so I'll see what's what then.

I am currently looking for a "Void" ticket to add to my collection. They just have void written across them. Sorry for the cheeky request but if anybody is willing to supply me with one I'll be grateful. Postage will be paid for.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi Guys as with the point of this thread I am searching for all types of tickets for my collection and I am in need of a few tickets from light rail systems as well as certain types from orange ticket stocks. If anybody has any of tickets from these transport systems knocking around and are willing to give them away please PM me or post in this thread and I will give them a new home. I will pay for postage in certain cases. The ones listed are specific ones I need but as with the opening post, I am still collecting any form of train/travel tickets, just the ones I list are specific ones I want :D Thanks

Of course I am making every effort to try and get these tickets myself as opposed to relying on donations from forum members so I am trying and am picking tickets up here and there when I can, but some tickets I might only be able to get through asking for them.

In desperate need of/have non of
(Just anything printed on stock from the following transport systems)
  • Tyne and Wear Metro
  • Glasgow subway
  • Midland Metro
  • Sheffield Supertram
  • Nottingham Express Transit
  • Docklands Light Railway
  • Blackpool Trams
  • London Tramlink
  • Just general older style tickets for above and below

Have a few of but would like some more
  • Manchester Metrolink
  • Emirates Air-line

Have loads but contributions warmly appreciated
  • London Underground

And I am also in requirement for a few more types of non light rail/metro stock so mainly different types of orange ticketing stock and other unique ticketing stock.

Non-orange ticketing stock
  • Network Daytrippers
  • Rail ranger
  • Blue season tickets
  • Promotional/limited edition/celebratory ticketing stock.
  • Permit to Travel*
  • Any other examples of non-orange ticketing stock
  • General older style tickets that aren't orange
  • Black Aptis Platform tickets
  • Paper reservations that aren't on orange ticket stock e.g FGW HST ones (Do not remove then unless they are yours and they are 'complete' and certainly don't just go down the train picking them up)
* Need quite a few of for a project

Specific Types of orange stock
  • Itineraries
  • Rangers printed from an Avantix Mobile machine
  • Platform tickets
  • Blank tickets
  • Older style orange tickets (Especially Aptis)
  • Reservations printed on orange stock (the ones that go in the back of the seat)
  • Cycle reservations
  • First Class upgrades
  • 'Void' tickets

In general
  • Absolutely anything on orange ticketing stock so stuff like normal tickets, receipts, collection receipts, credit sales voucher-Just anything on orange ticket stock. I collect masses of them so if you have just tickets lying around I'll have them.
  • Just general tickets for light rail/metro systems, again I welcome any form of railway tickets.
  • Just general tickets
  • Flight tickets, Boarding passes etc
  • Bus/Coach tickets on card (not paper)

SO if you have any of the above and are willing to give them away, please drop me a PM or if my mailbox is full, post in the thread. I will pay for postage in certain cases.

Thanks very much for reading
Alex

24/04/13-I have made a few edits to my list and corrected a few minor errors

Last edited:

rjhowie

I visit Ulster from time to time as I am building the rail system on my pc here in Glasgow. Just wondered if the rail ticket collector would be interested in any of them (NI Railways) ?!

Trainfan344

Established Member
I am off to Sheringham tomorrow, will see if I can obtain a Platform ticket at Norwich for you.

VTPreston_Tez

Anything with 'Swap Shop' in the name is up for grabs if you want any Alex. Postage surcharge and definitely additional charge for anything I got from out of this country. The Terravision tickets are actually still valid as far as I can remember.
I've also got a Stagecoach ticket with 'Interim Details' printed on them, now I don't have it on me but it's definitely something that may be interesting to you. (And very, very crinkly)

Trainfan344

Established Member
Managed to pick one up for you today Alex, I want full reimbursement of the whole 10p it cost me, but will send it along with a few other tickets and if I still have it a seat reservation from Liverpool Street to Ipswich from last summer when I went with 6th form, but will wait a little bit because I have a plan to do a Anglia Plus Day Rover ticket in May If you would like that.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Managed to pick one up for you today Alex, I want full reimbursement of the whole 10p it cost me, but will send it along with a few other tickets and if I still have it a seat reservation from Liverpool Street to Ipswich from last summer when I went with 6th form, but will wait a little bit because I have a plan to do a Anglia Plus Day Rover ticket in May If you would like that.

Anything with 'Swap Shop' in the name is up for grabs if you want any Alex. Postage surcharge and definitely additional charge for anything I got from out of this country. The Terravision tickets are actually still valid as far as I can remember.
I've also got a Stagecoach ticket with 'Interim Details' printed on them, now I don't have it on me but it's definitely something that may be interesting to you. (And very, very crinkly)

Thanks guys ;)

Pm'd you both

dubscottie

Ive a ticket printed on the train for Dundee to Leuchars that cost me 5p.. Also a few yellow card "complimentary" BR seat reservation tickets (majority were blue). And a Cowdenbeath to Crewe ticket that cost £1 (from family railcard days) if you are interested?

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Hi all,

Some of you may recall a thread I made a few months ago and I mentioned that I like collecting tickets and just like to keep masses of them.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72750

Well I am extending my collection and I now collect all ticket types as opposed to just standard orange ticket stock. The ones I like most in my collection, besides orange stock, are:

• Yellow Metrolink tickets
  • Blue season tickets
  • London underground ticketing stock
  • Emirates airline "boarding passes"

But I do collect any type of ticket at all if not included in the list above regardless of the colour. Within theses tickets, I collect absolutely everything so travel documentation, reservations, rangers and rovers, receipts and plusbus tickets and I don't care how old they are, I like the older ones better. I also will pay for large amounts of over 50 tickets. If anybody does have any lying around or have some that they have no use for, contact me.

Cheers
Alex :)

08/05/13

So as with the point of the thread, I am collecting absolutely any type of ticket be it receipt, credit sales vouchers or just normal tickets, I also am looking for some specific tickets for the "quality" side of the collection (I have the quantity and the quality sections-If you get where I'm coming from). As such I provide a list of specific tickets I'm looking for on top of just general tickets.

In desperate need of/have non of
(Just anything printed on stock from the following transport systems)
  • Tyne and Wear Metro
  • Glasgow subway
  • Midland Metro
  • Sheffield Supertram
  • Nottingham Express Transit
  • Docklands Light Railway
  • Blackpool Trams
  • London Tramlink
  • Just general older style tickets for above and below

Have a few of but would like some more
  • Manchester Metrolink
  • Emirates Air-line

Have loads but contributions warmly appreciated
  • London Underground

And I am also in requirement for a few more types of non light rail/metro stock so mainly different types of orange ticketing stock and other unique ticketing stock.

Non-orange ticketing stock
  • Network Daytrippers
  • Rail ranger
  • Blue season tickets
  • Promotional/limited edition/celebratory ticketing stock.
  • Permit to Travel*
  • Any other examples of non-orange ticketing stock
  • General older style tickets that aren't orange
  • Black Aptis Platform tickets
  • Day travelcard stock
  • Paper reservations that aren't on orange ticket stock e.g FGW HST ones (Do not remove then unless they are yours and they are 'complete' and certainly don't just go down the train picking them up)
* Need quite a few of for a project

Specific Types of orange stock
  • Itineraries
  • Rangers printed from an Avantix Mobile machine
  • Platform tickets
  • Blank tickets
  • Older style orange tickets (Especially Aptis)
  • Reservations printed on orange stock (the ones that go in the back of the seat)
  • Cycle reservations
  • First Class upgrades
  • 'Void' tickets

In general
  • Absolutely anything on orange ticketing stock so stuff like normal tickets, receipts, collection receipts, credit sales voucher-Just anything on orange ticket stock. I collect masses of them so if you have just tickets lying around I'll have them.
  • Just general tickets for light rail/metro systems, again I welcome any form of railway tickets.
  • Just general tickets
  • Flight tickets, Boarding passes etc
  • Bus/Coach tickets on card (not paper)

SO if you have any of the above and are willing to give them away, please drop me a PM or if my mailbox is full, post in the thread. I will pay for postage in certain cases.

Thanks very much for reading
Alex

This thread will be tidied and updated

24/04/13-I have made a few edits to my list and corrected a few minor errors
08/05/13-Made a few more adjustments

HI ATWalex101, are you still wanting used rail and other types of tickets,? I just saw your thread and I do travel alot by public transport, if you like I will keep my rail/bus tickets and will post to you every now and again when I have a few. Do you also collect old card tickets that are issued on some of the preserved railways, for example the Bluebell line etc?

Let me know where I should post these to.

Rgds.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
HI ATWalex101, are you still wanting used rail and other types of tickets,? I just saw your thread and I do travel alot by public transport, if you like I will keep my rail/bus tickets and will post to you every now and again when I have a few. Do you also collect old card tickets that are issued on some of the preserved railways, for example the Bluebell line etc?

Let me know where I should post these to.

Rgds.

Yes I am still collecting tickets. My collection consists of the quantity side; I collect masses of tickets and the more the better, and I have the quality side; where I am looking for specific tickets in the list. They are kept in a seperate box from the rest and the extra special tickets like the commemorative ones are kept in a binder. Thanks for the offer that's great :) I do collect tickets from preserved railways as well. Don't bother with bus tickets if they aren't card though as they are likely to get ripped/torn. Thanks ;)

Eibonvale

Anything you particularly want from the London area? I am often travelling around for the fun of it - usually oyster card or travel card, but I wouldn't mind playing around with other things if there was anything particular you were after. Still after tramlink?

Might just possibly be going on a ramble in Kent sometime as well so could maybe get some 'Plus Highspeed' tickets if they are any use?

Status
Not open for further replies.