• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I need a new newspaper to read after the Independent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
It's crazy especially when the previous days issue had reports of the Portugal v Poland which went to extra time and penalties (thus finishing a lot later and if anything ommission being more understandable). There was not even a half time score or anything.

Weird! If you do complain, I'm sure you won't be the only one.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Butts

Veteran Member
Weird! If you do complain, I'm sure you won't be the only one.

Shame I'm not on "****ter" - will wait and see if there is an apology in Mondays edition.

I didn't realise they had learnt to read in Cornwall, the old pasty munchers are moving up in the world.;)

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Shame I'm not on "****ter" - will wait and see if there is an apology in Mondays edition.

I didn't realise they had learnt to read in Cornwall, the old pasty munchers are moving up in the world.;)

Not being Cornish, I won't take that personally. Unfortunately, enough of them/us learnt to put their cross on a ballot paper to effectively help withdraw the hundreds of millions more we receive from the EU than is contributed by our own taxpayers here.

Butts

Veteran Member
As Victor Meldrew would have said.....

I don't believe it ....<D

Purchased this mornings Sunday Telegraph to read at work and yes you guessed it no mention of Germany v Italy , this despite it having "Printed in Scotland" on the front page.

Surely in this day and age with electronic composition the deadlines are not so tight as to miss this for inclusion. Not to mention it at all is even more annoying.

Do newspapers still print more than one edition of a Sunday Newspaper ? Thinking back to last Friday the "I" had a special 3am edition covering the first results of the EU referendum.

It seems the deadline for Scottish Editions is earlier than that for Cornwall !!

My guess is that the Scottish edition of The Observer does not have the result either, not sure about The Sunday Times.

Last edited:

Abpj17

Private Eye is obligatory

Perhaps the Times because it has the biggest/most annoying paywall.

Almost everything else can be found online - use news.google.co.uk to find the stories and then pick your preferred source. You can invariably find at least one paper with depth. (And a decent ad-blocker)

"The Week" might be worth looking into - a digest without quite so big a time lag. http://www.theweek.co.uk/ There is a weekly print edition. The website/app has daily updates.

Butts

Veteran Member
Private Eye is obligatory

Perhaps the Times because it has the biggest/most annoying paywall.

Almost everything else can be found online - use news.google.co.uk to find the stories and then pick your preferred source. You can invariably find at least one paper with depth. (And a decent ad-blocker)

"The Week" might be worth looking into - a digest without quite so big a time lag. http://www.theweek.co.uk/ There is a weekly print edition. The website/app has daily updates.

Thanks for your comments, but some of us prefer a tangible entity in which to catch up with the days news. Something you turn the pages and spill fag ash and coffee on.

Abpj17

Thanks for your comments, but some of us prefer a tangible entity in which to catch up with the days news. Something you turn the pages and spill fag ash and coffee on.

I don't smoke or drink coffee so the yearning is lost on me ;)

Freebie Metro/Evening Standard suffices for that. (Sorry, London centric) I'm plugged into the news during the day, so morning papers just feel rather out of date.

Butts

Veteran Member
I don't smoke or drink coffee so the yearning is lost on me ;)

Freebie Metro/Evening Standard suffices for that. (Sorry, London centric) I'm plugged into the news during the day, so morning papers just feel rather out of date.

Tea works just as well ;) , but either could prove fatal when applied to electronic devices as opposed to newsprint.

Busaholic

Veteran Member

And something for the butler to iron should a spare moment inadvertently occur.:)Do interns perform that function as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.