• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I wanna SCREAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

I hate this hot weather. Can't breath properly and get irritable. Damn cars and airoplanes are a curse on this world with all the effects they have on warming. They should pay more for the fuel, it's too bloody cheap. :mumum:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Why does this country have this awful habit of being totally unprepared for, and moaning about 3 of the main, innevitable types of weather that we get. Moan about the cold and the snow and how everythin grinds to a hault, bit of rain and we all start whinging, a bit more rain and half the country ends up flooded, a day or two of clear blue skies and sunshine and everybody starts whining that it's too hot and mopes around until the weather changes to something else they can moan about.

Get some shorts and a t-shirt, a nice cold drink and go sit yourself outside. :D8-)

Beaker

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
I had to play an hour of tennis in the full sun!!
I played a hr of cricket and showed the chav scum how to hit a ball, the heat bad , teachings chav a lesson great.

Quote of the day

Chav =" Hah trainspotter is batting "
after i battered , teacher " heck he hit that"

Underestamating me is my key to success

And by the way everybody walk or use a bike to get to school ;)

ChrisM

HR2 said:
I hate this hot weather. Can't breath properly and get irritable. Damn cars and airoplanes are a curse on this world with all the effects they have on warming. They should pay more for the fuel, it's too bloody cheap. :mumum:
The effects of Global Warming has been around for millions of years,doubt Adam & Eve had a private jet though. :glasses8: :blackeye:

Lewisham2221

Established Member
ChrisM said:
The effects of Global Warming has been around for millions of years,doubt Adam & Eve had a private jet though. :glasses8: :blackeye:
Following on from that, my old geography teacher once told us that he was rather sceptical about the way that things about global warming are taught. Basically, he said that history shows that over time there have been many similar instances where global temperatures have risen over a period of millions of years, before falling, again over a period of millions of years. His theory is that the current situation of rising temperatures is perfectly natural, albeit probably sped up slightly by what the media constantly bang on about as 'global warming'.

Lesjordans

Its a rare heat out there today, saves us going on holiday, dont moan, just enjoy it because it'll be offski soon :P

RJ

Established Member
It's life purpose for some people to moan. Although in the hot stuffy city, I'm making use of the sun to get some decent shots. Then again I'm in a department store from 9-5 so I'm oblivious to the thick of it. At least in the Caribbean there is a breeze! I think the rain is quite relaxing. Snow is fun, but unfortunately it comes with ice and slush as well.

ChrisM

I prefer cold rather hot, but when it's hot we moan and when it's cold we moan.:mad:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Lewisham2221 said:
All??

None of my locals, so to speak, are bad enough to almost require their own firestation ;)

Or indeed use the water cannon backpack thingys that the fire service use. ;)

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Jamie said:
Or indeed use the water cannon backpack thingys that the fire service use. ;)
Nor do they boast about how many fires they start or what equipment they require to put the fires out. They simply try not to start fires and deal with them promptly when they do start.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Indeed, prevention is always the best course of action, whereas going along with a huge tank of weedkiller killing everything in sight and turning it into highly flammable dry vegetation really is the bad thing to do!

Good arse kicking BTW Marv :P

bunnahabhain

Established Member
No because then it grows slowly during the winter and in the spring it grows fast! The best course of action is to weedkill in the autumn and spring, and immediately after it begins dying off, have a single week devoted to burning it all away!

That or get gangers for the lineside to keep it in check like the good old days.

H

HR2

Lewisham2221 said:
Get some shorts and a t-shirt, a nice cold drink and go sit yourself outside. :D8-)

See, another one wants to do me in. :sad5: That is the last thing I can do in my state of health lad. Have a word with my surgeons and see if they are prepared to undo all they did at the weekend to allaviate my breathing problems. If they are you can stump up the £10,000 plus it will cost.
[EDIT]
Jamie said:
I blame it on all the steam railways setting fire to the countryside myself...;)

TOUCHE'

Lewisham2221

Established Member
HR2 said:
See, another one wants to do me in. :sad5: That is the last thing I can do in my state of health lad. Have a word with my surgeons and see if they are prepared to undo all they did at the weekend to allaviate my breathing problems. If they are you can stump up the £10,000 plus it will cost.

Ok, maybe not everybody then. ;)

Tom B

Established Member
...with no air con and a teacher who's lost the key for the windows...

Jordy

Established Member
Cockfosters said:

and windows which have been sealed up due to 'safety issues'...

Tom B

Established Member
... which can usually be opened with a knife down the cheapo glue seal.

Guinness

Established Member
Cockfosters said:

Adding to that an IT Room with 25 Viglens spewing out heat likes theres no tomorrow.....

taw valley

oi dont get us steam lovers started

i think your find that if you look at any polltion map that it has gone up ALOT since 1960 - end of steam :) oh look its the time of the diesel it went rocketing up

tut tut tut diesels lets scrape them and stop this heat LMFAO

Tomnick

Established Member
Jamie said:
No because then it grows slowly during the winter and in the spring it grows fast! The best course of action is to weedkill in the autumn and spring, and immediately after it begins dying off, have a single week devoted to burning it all away!

That or get gangers for the lineside to keep it in check like the good old days.
Also helps to let fires burn a bit, once you've started them, when the crops aren't so dry - then when the crops do dry out, you've not got so much dead material waiting to go up in flames!

Simming

Personally, I dont mind the heat when im at home, Ive got a few cans of export in the fridge, fan right next to me and t shirt on. Im feelin fine. My only complant is work, where its rather warm after a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.