• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I was on a Pendo the other day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

4SRKT

Established Member
...and was puzzled to see that next to my seat a small part of the side of the train was made of a mysterious transparent substance. Being unsure what this could be, I asked one of the Virgin staff who explained that if you heat up sand you can by some alchemical process turn it into something transparent yet hard called 'glass'. He went on to say that if Virgin's bold experiment with this revolutionary substance were deemed a success, that maybe in future trains it may be more extensively applied. Personally I'm not convinced. Being able to see Stoke was a pretty horrifying experience and I'm sure other Virgin passengers will agree that it's better to be shut up in the comforting world of plastic and artificial light that they are used to. ;)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
I, too, hope the experiment is not a success, for I find the magnificently-beautiful Fell countryside between Lancaster and Carlisle hurts my eyes, and I am always grateful to Virgin's forethought in protecting them with all that lovely solid plastic.

Established Member
Someone should start a thread entitled "Which is worse: Pendos or Vomiters"?

No doubt it would eventually get onto the subject of Pacers a la giving infinity monkeys an infinite number of typewriters.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Well, Pedalos do have two big plus points:

1) They are very fast.

2) They manage to make the Voyagers look luxurious.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
What had the bloke in the bowler just seen?

He is arguin... err... engaged in a conversation with the ticket inspector who claims that his 1d advance ticket was in fact for the train which left 5 minutes earlier and he must pay a full fare of 6d immediately or he will be turfed out at the next station.

Welshman

Established Member
At least the chap opposite on the left seems to have no complaints about the number of times the drinks trolley has come through.

4SRKT

Established Member
The bloke on the left works for the H&SE and is wagging his finger disapprovingly at the youthful crank kneeling up to do a bit of flailing.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
And the lady at the end has just been hit by the smell of toilets coming from the vestibule.

Status
Not open for further replies.