• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Identify the Journalist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Some PR do in Windsor Great Park mid 1980s, left the tent (sorry, marquee), found a municipal-type toilet block, entering it was nodded at by guy in his 60s coming out who I realised was the Duke of Edinburgh. His eldest son was apparently competing in a polo match taking place behind us in thick fog! Promise you this is a true story - my one involving the Governor of the Bank of England is more interesting though.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Some PR do in Windsor Great Park mid 1980s, left the tent (sorry, marquee), found a municipal-type toilet block, entering it was nodded at by guy in his 60s coming out who I realised was the Duke of Edinburgh. His eldest son was apparently competing in a polo match taking place behind us in thick fog! Promise you this is a true story - my one involving the Governor of the Bank of England is more interesting though.

My grandmother was working, after the war, as a typist in the RAF (even though she'd been in the Army) and once asked a good looking guy in Naval uniform with dress sword if he had the time - before realising it was Philip just after the Queen had given birth to Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.