• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Idiot in action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

geesus, look at the size of the rails compared to over here, thats more shocking!

Met Driver

Established Member
Simming said:
geesus, look at the size of the rails compared to over here, thats more shocking!

That's the first thing I noticed. I guess it's due to the heavier passengers. ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
Seth said:
Simming said:

That's the first thing I noticed. I guess it's due to the heavier passengers. ;)
Well the barrierman is clearly showing his red flag, whats the problem?
The rails look like the same as English flatbottom

TheSlash

Established Member
The webb of the rail might be bigger but you can even see where it was once jointed track and now is CWR

The Gricer

TheSlash said:
Seth said:
Simming said:

The rails look like the same as English flatbottom
As opposed to American fatbottom. :)
With apologies to any Americans reading this!

Frank

i think the truck driver must have been on something to want to jump the crossing i do hope the local copper was able to catch up with him and have a word or 2 :D

richa2002

Established Member
I assume that the train had stopped and it wasn't an action shot.

Simming

O O O it might be on "worlds Scarest police chases" with sheriff "wots-his-name" doing the commentry, over exagerating everything.

Coxster

Established Member
Simming said:
I think a zoom on a camera can sometimes have that effect?

Rob

TheSlash said:
Maybe it's just me but the flag appears to be attached to the truck, not being held up by a crossing keeper? Also the barriers are down, so if the truck was indeed "doing at least 40" as stated in the photo remarks then the driver must have driven round them.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Rob said:
TheSlash said:
Maybe it's just me but the flag appears to be attached to the truck, not being held up by a crossing keeper? Also the barriers are down, so if the truck was indeed "doing at least 40" as stated in the photo remarks then the driver must have driven round them.
It is attached to the truck. I can only assume the train was moving and that they escaped by a whisker, as the caption doesn't say otherwise and that's the impression I get.

I saw a photo on that site of a bus trying that, the driver of which was rather less fortunate with his/her attempt :roll: :x

Chris

I don't think the loco is moving as there are no lights and the exhaust is light and going straight up. I suspect the car has flags to indicate that the line is closed at that point, or its staged. Nothing appears to be moving :?:

Coxster

Established Member
Remarks: Look at the face of the passenger in the truck. Also notice that the truck has a handicap parking permit on the mirror. He passed 4 cars waiting at the crossing and I would guess he was doing at least 40 across the tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.