• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

IET at Exeter tonight 20/06/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWalrus

Established Member
I saw an IET at Exeter St. Thomas tonight at 1948 heading towards St. David’s. Was quite surprised as they don’t usually come here. According to Real Time Trains it was going from Plymouth to Stoke Gifford.

Anyone know any more about this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I saw an IET at Exeter St. Thomas tonight at 1948 heading towards St. David’s. Was quite surprised as they don’t usually come here. According to Real Time Trains it was going from Plymouth to Stoke Gifford.

They have been running down even as far as Penzance on test and driver training for some weeks now.
Plenty of reading here:-

www.railforums.co.uk/threads/class-800.100841

Last edited:

Thunderer

802001 was working a test train today between London Paddington and Par see http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/V09839/2018/06/20/advanced
It may have been the same train returning to Bristol Stoke Gifford as this service :- http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O11042/2018/06/20/advanced

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
How do you define ‘don’t usually’? There are quite a few videos online of IET at Exeter or beyond going back to autumn 2016. It may not be day by day but is certainly not rare.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Is it really that long ago?
I took the precaution of searching for places such as Exeter, Plymouth, and Penzance in the main 800 thread. I think this thread's OP has missed about 18 months of prior operations.

smiffy9373

It was 800 034. Stock move taking the training set from Laira back to Stoke Gifford.

TheWalrus

Established Member
How do you define ‘don’t usually’? There are quite a few videos online of IET at Exeter or beyond going back to autumn 2016. It may not be day by day but is certainly not rare.
Ive not seen one here before but am aware one has reached Penzance before.

TheWalrus

Established Member
I took the precaution of searching for places such as Exeter, Plymouth, and Penzance in the main 800 thread. I think this thread's OP has missed about 18 months of prior operations.
I am aware of one reaching Penzance but not on the ball with these things as much as I was. So was a bit surprised to see one. I thought they weren’t due in service here until July? Is this still the plan?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I am aware of one reaching Penzance but not on the ball with these things as much as I was. So was a bit surprised to see one. I thought they weren’t due in service here until July? Is this still the plan?
Being discussed now in the allocations thread:
https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...grams-allocations.153431/page-33#post-3518925
...although in the last few minutes that July date has been denied. Probably best to discuss dates in that existing thread however.

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

They have been running down for testing and driver training prior to entering full service

Status
Not open for further replies.