• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

IETs At Newbury Racecourse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxfe_mxtterz

Afternoon all.

I've just booked tickets to the racing at Newbury for Tuesday 22 June.

If possible, I'd like to get my first ride on an IET as part of my journey there - so my question is whether any IETs stop at Newbury Racecourse, and if so, are there any services likely to be operated by IETs on Tuesday?

I'm going to be booking the train tickets tonight, so hopefully I'll have a decent enough idea by then.

Any advice appreciated. Many thanks. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Afternoon all.

I've just booked tickets to the racing at Newbury for Tuesday 22 June.

If possible, I'd like to get my first ride on an IET as part of my journey there - so my question is whether any IETs stop at Newbury Racecourse, and if so, are there any services likely to be operated by IETs on Tuesday?

I'm going to be booking the train tickets tonight, so hopefully I'll have a decent enough idea by then.

Any advice appreciated. Many thanks. :)
The services which are usually IETs and would run to Bedwyn are currently replaced by 387s terminating at Newbury. It looks like those are the trains which have had Newbury Racecourse stops inserted.

My guess is that you would need to change at Reading for an IET or catch a train going to the West Country that stops at Newbury and walk the mile back to the racecourse.

lxfe_mxtterz

The services which are usually IETs and would run to Bedwyn are currently replaced by 387s terminating at Newbury. It looks like those are the trains which have had Newbury Racecourse stops inserted.

My guess is that you would need to change at Reading for an IET or catch a train going to the West Country that stops at Newbury and walk the mile back to the racecourse.
Thanks.

So, I've just booked the train tickets - and using that, I've decided to set off relatively early so that I can take a look around the town and maybe have a drink and something to eat before heading over to the racecourse - and as such, have booked myself onto an Exeter-terminating IET to Newbury. Will have to get the slower 387 back, though.

Now time to find out whether the IETs are as terrible as everyone says they are! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.