• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

If Lincolnshire Road Car ran the Transpennine Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
If Lincolnshire Road Car ran the Transpennine Express :shock:

- 158's would be withdraw in favour of older, less reliable stock, and no 185's would be introduced.

- Railcards would become invalid on all but a handfull of services

- Prices would increase dramatically - IE £25 CDR Scunthorpe - Doncaster

- Trains would go via some crazy Routes - IE Cleethorpes - Scunthorpe - Doncaster - Leeds - Barnsley - Sheffield - Chinley - Mystery tour pf Manchester.

- Trains would stop and wait at every station for at least 5 minutes and go at a maximum of 45 mph.

- The olde, less reliable stock would eventually be replaced by newer, but equally un-reliable stock.

- They would complain that passenger numbers are falling and ask for an increased subsidy. If they can't get an increase, they would cut the number of services and alter the route to make it even more crazy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
Still sounds better than what Central Trains bring to Lincolnshire ;) .

steve158

that sounds about right dave, LMAO!

i remember the barton-scunthorpe spinebusters i used to travel on to college, with maggie at the wheel. <( <D

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hopefully this should change in the near future, as Roadcar is part of the Stagecoach group now.

metrocammel

Shame.... I remember Roadcar VR's at Grantham.... I never got one, but they sounded outrageous!!!! Though, last time i went to Center Parcs, near Rufford, I was pleased to see one of the old beasts, MWG 940X, which is now ferrying cleaning ladies to the camp. If Im correct, I think that was Roadcar's last VR. - Note the Almex ticket machine, I wonder what that is used for now.... as I dnt think the bus is used other than for the above purpose?

David

Established Member
steve158 said:
i remember the barton-scunthorpe spinebusters i used to travel on to college, with maggie at the wheel. <( <D
Nothings changed there. You still get back-breakers on the Roadcar services

evil_hippo

If grand prix ran northern rail:

- Railcards would be grudgingly accepted though the conductors have no idea what they are.

- Trains would run randomly either 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late and nothing in between

- Prices would decrease dramatically, i.e. £4 CDR Appleby-Leeds

- half the conductors would have no idea how to work their machines

- they would be forced to to overshoot most platforms due to some s*d parking their car in the station

- Trains would be painted plain white and would never be cleaned, therefore soon becoming a tasteful shade of grey/brown

- season tickets, day passes, round robin tickets, etc. would be accepted on their trains but they would be unable to issue them themselves.

If tuer's of morland ran northern rail:

- the driver would stop every few yards to shout at the passengers and hurtle through sharp curves and TSRs at top speed.

If stagecoach cumberland as was ran northern rail:

- they would threaten withdrawing every service knowing that the sra would give in and give them more subsidy, except for the most popular which would simply be cut to once weekly

- short local services would get the newest stock while the longest distances would be reserved for their oldest stock

- they would run the only day ticket on the network and any smaller operators taking over routes they had withdrawn would be payed by the sra, not them, to take their tickets.

- it would take a flood of their depot to persuade them to buy new stock

- they would have a depot on a flood plain in the first place

- the crew would be sitting in the train reading the sun for it's full layover time but you would not be allowed on board until 5 minutes after departure time. The crew would then leave the train and reappear ten minutes later, and only then would the train depart

- the train's speed would be inversely proportional to the number of important connections at its destination

Tom B

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
steve158 said:
Nothings changed there. You still get back-breakers on the Roadcar services

X-reg Olympians in a brown splatter effect livery?

Status
Not open for further replies.