• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

If you could design your own Train Sim what would it have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaxbyFur

Title says it all, what would you include? Here's one to get us started :p..

- Random Route Generation? The one thing kind of annoying about train simulator's is that you have limited space in which to use. With Flight Simulator X as an example it has practically every airport/airfield/airstrip on the planet on and you can fly anywhere unrestricted. Perhaps a feature where there is an AI system which randomly generates a starting Terminus (all from a library of preset templates), then a random stretch of track, (random in the curvature, straight parts, smaller station, branch lines etc.), then generates larger station as you move further down. You could set things like how many miles approx. between large stations and how long you want the route to go on for. With this as well if you wanted to go down a branch line you could do so and it could generate down that route, (if say it generates the route in 5 mile intervals as you drive) and you need not be greeted by buffers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Swift-Deere

-An Option to Design what your driver looks live (ie you can make he/she look like you) so you could choose the drivers gender, ethnicity, physical appearance, hair colour, eye colour or even clothing like the way you design a Sim on the Sims 2, or even you could pick the driver voice/accent for when he/she speaks down the radio/to other railway staff.

-A music player system like they have on EA games where the game has many songs added on that you can listen to while driving (or add your own) also a bar should appear at the bottom (like in the EA games) showing the artist name and album.

-And of course a multi-player!!!

morgantyreman

Well iv had one planned out for ages to a T but i dont know how to make a game.

Its a sort of management game. The simple just is you have a little station and you manage it and extend it, sort of like sim city.

Rent out the shops, hire staff, tell signal man which platform you want sertin trains on, make anouncments and deal with the day to day running.

See i'd play that but i don't think other people would

what I would want is something like rail simulator (I havent tried railworks yet but I suppose that it is simalar to rail simulator) but free and has a more effective GUI and it is easier to develop routes and trains with it
Its a sort of management game. The simple just is you have a little station and you manage it and extend it, sort of like sim city.
that would be cool, I'd play that aswell

Swift-Deere

With Trainz, you can put your own face on a driver, I forget how, though.

Yeh i think you have to add your picture onto a picture file in the program files folder (if its anything like it is on flight sims) but it looks a bit freeky!!!

LucaZone

For all those wishing for Multiplayer, have a read of this page.

Once again there are mass calls for multiplayer, but still no sign of any details about what it would bring to the table in terms of advancement in train simulation.

Regards

Established Member
I would use the MOOR engine (only not racing just with trains) so you have a route and lots of trains (like real life) and every train you see is someone else playing.
Id make it more realistic, putting the key in starting it up ect and then shutting it down and jumping in the other end, if its a loco id add the ability to do stock propelling.

Id include all the top UK locos with proper sound and phototextured liveries.

id also have a programe where you can edit liveries easyer. id also include built in UK routes (Such as BHM--EUS, YORK-KGX)

and as a special edition you have a cab controller (kinda like rail driver but less american)

and you earn bonus points for making a good cuppa
and id have some 14 year old child waving his arms about at you and filming people falling onto the track.

as for a management game (TOC/FOC Sim) I would have Delay repay, rant more where all the stoats can bang on about how crap the train is, how crap the livery is, how crap the TOC is, How crap the driver is and how crap the parent company is.

Last edited:

Aictos

Established Member
I would have a cross between BVE4 and the driver sims from Traingames so all the fun and games of BVE4 but with real life video footage in front of the cab.

Now that would be a best seller!!!

Established Member
I would have a cross between BVE4 and the driver sims from Traingames so all the fun and games of BVE4 but with real life video footage in front of the cab.

Now that would be a best seller!!!

Would there be a decent range of FCC units in it? :)
or would there be

Normal
FCC edition

Established Member
Is it possible to change the drivers gender? Cause it's be a bit wierd to have a womens face on a mans body.

It is possible to remodel the driver completely, but you'd need to be able to use Gmax/3DS Max/Blender to be able to do so yourself.

As Swift-Deere says, there may already be some on the DLS, but I can't think how you change what shows within the model itself.

Aictos

Established Member
Would there be a decent range of FCC units in it? :)
or would there be

Normal
FCC edition

:lol: Depends when Oovee gets the FCC fleet done...

Anyway, don't think it would matter as every single train would be available as long as it's been released in BVE already that is!

poshbakerloo

I would give is amazing graphics, and sound effects that are recorded from real life rather than some fake crap...

...I would give an option for you to be able to EASILY edit routes unlike in MSTS...and also you would be able to edit trains and their livery...

The routes would mainly be UK based, maybe the whole rail network, including London Underground? :)

Established Member
:lol: Depends when Oovee gets the FCC fleet done...

Anyway, don't think it would matter as every single train would be available as long as it's been released in BVE already that is!

ahh good, Ive been looking for a decent 365 everywhere! :D (no luck so far)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

acctually noone waved their arms, my cam was a bit shakey because I moved forward (didnt want to turn the cam around into someone elses head)

One of the lads I was with asked the driver secondman as we walked past

I was referning to a certain HST person ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.