• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

If you could have a different accent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I was wondering if you could ever choose to change your accent what would you change it too and why?

You are allowed three choices.

If I could ever change mine my choices would be.

1) Australian. I love the australian accent and think it's one of the best around in my opinion.

2) Newcastle. I like the jordy accent to but other's hate basically its like marmite you either like it or you hate it!

3)Scottish. as I am half scottish this has nothing to do with it but I like it very much dont know why though!.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
American. That way people would assume I was an ignorant self serving idiot, instead of wasting months finding out!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'd like to change my accent to a more masculine one

Daimler

Established Member
Gosh, I don't know. Erm...I've always been fond of the Yorkshire and Scottish accents, so one of those, I guess.

Aictos

Established Member
1st choice would be a Lancashire accent from Blackburn/Accrington area.

2nd choice would be either Ukrainian/Russian.

3rd choice would be Scottish.

Quite a range of accents, :D

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Wish I could go back to a Yorkshire accent, instead of some ****ty, Welsh-Yorkshire hybrid thing! The Welsh accent is just rancid

me123

Established Member
I've got a Glaswegian accent and I'm happy with it, thank you very much. I suppose, though, a Western Isles accent would be fun for a while, just to confuse everyone.

I'd like to change my accent to a more masculine one

I guess that's because of all the fart heads around that make fun of men who don't have 'manly' sounding accents? Mine is in the middle; it's neither harsh nor harmonic; and I don't mind a bit of a femmy accent either.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
But if I had to choose.. I wouldn't mind changing my accent to a 50Hz hum, please 8-)

Pumbaa

Established Member
To be fair, it's not a problem for me. I have a really good ear for accents and tongues, and can fluently switch in and out of multiple accents with ease. For example, my new housemates are all from Yorkshire, and I will converse with them quite happily in Yorkshire accent. If I'm out and about in the city, I'll easily slip into Scouse.

One of my best friends is Welsh, and I talk with her accent when I'm around her.

Jordy

Established Member
Isn't the jordy accent from South Humberside/North Lincolnshire? :) Or do you mean the Geordie accent!

:lol: Wow! I have my own unique accent! :|;)

To be fair, it's not a problem for me. I have a really good ear for accents and tongues, and can fluently switch in and out of multiple accents with ease. For example, my new housemates are all from Yorkshire, and I will converse with them quite happily in Yorkshire accent. If I'm out and about in the city, I'll easily slip into Scouse.

One of my best friends is Welsh, and I talk with her accent when I'm around her.

I'd find that a bit scary tbh :|

flymo

Established Member
As a Geordie living in Asia my accent has been mistaken for Welsh (?), Scottish (fair enough) and staggeringly even New Zealand (can't get my head round that one).
I do like the Aussie accent though so perhaps a Geordie/Aussie hybrid accent would be good.

Aussie_Rail

1) Australian. I love the Australian accent and think it's one of the best around in my opinion.
Good choice, unfortunately for you, particularly in the UK people will think you are American or South African before suggesting you might be Australian, and in some cases they might eve think you are a Kiwi!

Well my 3 choices would be:

1) Russian/Eastern European, probably because I had a strong interest in all that sort of thing.

2) English accent, mostly because I hear it a lot on TV etc.

3) New Zealand/Kiwi accent because, dare I say it, it sounds pretty good.
As a Geordie living in Asia my accent has been mistaken for Welsh (?), Scottish (fair enough) and staggeringly even New Zealand (can't get my head round that one).
I do like the Aussie accent though so perhaps a Geordie/Aussie hybrid accent would be good.
They probably think you might a Kiwi because they know a lot of Aussies go to Asia and they might assume that your not Aussie but out that way somewhere! :lol:

I don't know what a Geordie sounds like, so an Aussie hybrid accent will be interesting to hear. :D

HSTfan!!!

Established Member

Funny enough, although I'm welsh, I don't have the strongest welsh accent in all fairness, but when I used to work with a colleague who had a proper full on welsh accent, I'd speak in the accent as well. Strange!

If I could have any accent, australian or south african I think

3) New Zealand/Kiwi accent because, dare I say it, it sounds pretty good.

The fact that they pronounce six like 'sucks' and elongate some words like 'PEEEE CEEEEE' is kinda odd but other than that I see NZ accents as just a 'harsher' version of Australian. They sounds similar but aussies don't tend to say 'sucks' for six.
:lol: Wow! I have my own unique accent! :|;)

I'd find that a bit scary tbh :|

I used to be able to do it really well, and particularly have a tendency of speaking Scottish while around everyone but my parents, in which I will slip into Northern English accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.