• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

If you live in London - Please read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth Hale

Hi, I just thought that if we get the people who live in London, to reply saying that they are safe, I am fearing that people off this forum may have died. I just hope that everyone stays safe and I am very sad. I just hope everyone on this forum and everyone's family are safe.

Take Care

G

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
Was lucky I was'nt in London today but scary by all means.

Met Driver

Established Member
Thanks for your concern, Gareth. I'm fine, and none of my friends/relatives were caught up in this tragedy.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
One of my closest friends was caught up in this, luckily some wires came down on the MML so he was late getting to the Kings Cross St. Pancras area, I met him off the 14.08 MML service from Bedford this afternoon, safe and sound.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I wasn't there, nor do I have family there, but one of my friends lives in the SWT-served sub-urban network, he rang me to let me know he was OK. One other lives in Shenfield, haven't heard from him yet (might be on holiday though).

Scary it was though, even from 200 miles away, it was scary seeing it on the TV after the blasts.

Julian G

Established Member
as a result of that thing
my headmaster said that my school is to be closed tommorow

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I was planning to go to London today and go on the Downsman Steam Special. Luckily I had a job interview instead.

My condolences to the dead and injured

Gareth Hale

1288gaje said:

Your lucky (actually, I am on summer holidays, have been since may)

Anyway, I am glad your friends and family and yourself are safe :)

Julian G

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
1288gaje said:

Your lucky (actually, I am on summer holidays, have been since may)

Anyway, I am glad your friends and family and yourself are safe :)
yes they are
but i am not leaving tommorow at all

Angus

Gareth Hale said:
Hi, I just thought that if we get the people who live in London, to reply saying that they are safe, I am fearing that people off this forum may have died. I just hope that everyone stays safe and I am very sad. I just hope everyone on this forum and everyone's family are safe.

Take Care

G

Thanks Gareth - my dad was travelling to London this morning, but fortunately he took a later train than usual, and his train was stopped outside St. Pancras. Had he been on the train before (which he normally is) he would have been catching the Piccadilly line from KX/St.P around the time of the explosion and may well have been on the train that had the bomb on it. Fortunately, as I say, he caught a later train for some reason this morning. So I appreciate your concern even though you didn't know that of course.

jd

I'm not in London, but I do have an aunt there. She's perfectly safe, she was at home in Cockfosters at the time. Thanks everyone.

TheSlash

Established Member
matt said:
I was planning to go to London today and go on the Downsman Steam Special. Luckily I had a job interview instead.

Ian's mate?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
TheSlash said:
matt said:

Ian's mate?

Whos Ian?

Status
Not open for further replies.