• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ilford station building

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW16

At the western end of Ilford station, near the end of the bay platform 5, there is a small disused structure which resembles a small signal box. Does anyone know what this building is, if indeed it is a disused signal box, and when it may have been built and put into disuse? I can't find any information or images online other than a partial view (bottom right corner) of this image:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ilford_station_bay_track_high_westbound.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 170101

Established Member
If it was a signal box it would have become disused when the line was re-signalled into Liverpool Street IECC 1989 onwards.

Phil.

Established Member
I don't think that it was a signalbox - it's too low. I reckon that it's either a platelayer's cabin or a shunter's cabin. My money would be on the former rather than the latter.

Established Member
Ilford station signal box was at the London end on the up main side prior to GE resignalling.

This shed looks exactly that, a shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.