• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ilkeston station

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYS

I have just booked some tickets for a day out and I see my first service of the day is due to call at Ilkeston (service 1Y03 on the 14th May).

I had not realised the station was ready to open. Is it?

Andy S

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluenoxid

Established Member
No, it is not ready for opening. Current expectation is late Autumn.

Comstock

Great that Ilkeston is finally going to be on the railmap again :)

Last edited:

thenorthern

Established Member
Who is going to manage the new station? I have heard talk of Northern but I would think it would make more sense for it to be managed by East Midlands Trains.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Who is going to manage the new station? I have heard talk of Northern but I would think it would make more sense for it to be managed by East Midlands Trains.

Who manages Langley Mill? The same TOC would surely be responsible for Ilkeston given that the two stations are likely to be served by the same TOC.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Who manages Langley Mill? The same TOC would surely be responsible for Ilkeston given that the two stations are likely to be served by the same TOC.

EMT manages Langley Mill. They provided the full service until Northern started running to Nottingham but now they just provide a few either end of the day. I imagine the same will apply to Ilkeston - though perhaps the "Northern Connect" as it will become should be the "fast" service on this route?

Dronfield, despite having a very similar service provision, is managed by Northern. Which probably makes sense consider that services like station cleaning are more efficient if confined to a limited geographic area.

ag51ruk

The ORR Track Access application for the new station has East Midlands Trains as the facilities owner/operator, but with services predominantly provided by Northern

LowLevel

Established Member
EMT manages Langley Mill. They provided the full service until Northern started running to Nottingham but now they just provide a few either end of the day. I imagine the same will apply to Ilkeston - though perhaps the "Northern Connect" as it will become should be the "fast" service on this route?

Dronfield, despite having a very similar service provision, is managed by Northern. Which probably makes sense consider that services like station cleaning are more efficient if confined to a limited geographic area.

Dronfield has always been managed by the 'North Eastern' franchise for want of a better description as part of the Sheffield station group, even when the only service provided by them was the morning Chesterfield to Sheffield/Leeds start back - back then it was a handful each of Midland Mainline/Central Trains/Virgin XC services generally. A true success story for a regular service.

Ilkeston is definitely being managed by EMT however.

Starmill

Veteran Member
According to the Northern route map, Ilkeston isn't scheduled to open until 2018!?

Attachments

• 20160521_174809.jpg
    20160521_174809.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 38

ilkestonian

According to the Northern route map, Ilkeston isn't scheduled to open until 2018!?

Interesting to see that Northern Rail are unable to spell it correctly. Same error in both the body and footnote of the poster, so if they can't spell it, is there much hope of getting the opening date right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.