• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Guessing two at once is cheating! :lol:

You are correct however. Platform 1 at Romford cannot handle LST trains, whereas all at llford can in at least one direction. The correct answer is thus Ilford.

(Stratford, Ilford, Romford, Chelmsford)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member

Indeed, I knew the '3 platforms' was a giveaway!

Burscough Bridge, Nelson, Radyr, Aber, North Walsham, Attleborough and Wymondham are the only stations, within the best of my knowledge, to behold the honour within my third clue in the whole of Britain.

Ivo

Established Member
I was going to ask about that actually; where do you find this stuff?! If I hadn't remembered reading on Wikipedia [I[]some time ago[/I] something about a new ticket office in 1998 when the new platform was opened, it would have been a pure guess. I still would have said Radyr though, because, well, you're right. "Three platforms" is a giveaway.

We should try sending PM quizzes to each other. See who seems to be able to outfox the other the most.

Anyhow, a new one...

London Underground
2 platforms
The shorter (by name) of only two LUL stations to have a certain word in their name at any point other than the end (of which there are 22).

37 418

Yeeeeah! :D

OK, my turn.

Northern Scotland, a 2 platform station that where Platform 1 goes north, Platform 2 goes south. However ONE service (Mon-Sat) goes south from Platform 1.

HST Power

Established Member
Yeeeeah! :D

OK, my turn.

Northern Scotland, a 2 platform station that where Platform 1 goes north, Platform 2 goes south. However ONE service (Mon-Sat) goes south from Platform 1.

That's a tough one. I have absolutely no clue! :D

clagmonster

Established Member
I reckon it's somewhere with 1 train a day terminating from the south and returning south in the normal northbound platform. I believe there is a commuter service to Invergordon, so that is my first stab.

HST Power

Established Member
I'll take that open floor!

Wait a second while I add mine.

1) Great Northern Route
2) Two platforms
3) There is a junction after this station. Thus, you change here depending on where you want to go.

Last edited:

dzug2

Great Western
One platform
within sight (almost?) of a high security prison

Status
Not open for further replies.