• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

That was one I was considering for another clue, but not this one.

In this one, the trains are travelling in one direction for the majority of the trip, but at the last stop they are facing the direction they came from.

dzug2

Barry Island? They are travelling roughly west from Cardiff but end up facing east

me123

Established Member
I've got another one, seeing as how no-one else seems to.

This station is in Scotland. It has two platforms. It's on the single-lead junction for a short and lightly used branch line - the single lead junction has played a rather important role in the station's history. Unusually, in the morning rush hour the station currently sees fewer services towards the city than it does off-peak, although that arrangement was supposed to cease in December 2010.

me123

Established Member
Aye, that's the one. At the moment, there are 8tph off peak to Glasgow; 2 from Springburn, 2 from Edinburgh, 2 from Airdrie and 2 starting there for Milngavie. However, in the rush hour, the Milngavie trains actually start back at Airdrie and run limited stop not calling at Bellgrove. If and when the full A-B timetable comes into play, all Milngavie trains will start back from Airdrie and not call at Bellgrove so things will be evened out slightly.

Of course, the single lead junction onto the relatively lightly used Springburn branch line was the scene of a horrific rail crash in 1989.

CarterUSM

Established Member
Okay, I'll have a go, this station is in Scotland, has 2 platforms, but used to have several more. There was an accident not too far away on this line in the 90's.

Anon Mouse

Established Member
ok then! :D

What Station am I? I have 2 platforms but I used to have many. I am about 1 minuite away from my Cities main station. I used to have hundreds of services a day but now I only have a handful of rush hour services. The trains that stop here are normally in the hands of 142's but 156's also appear. I am on a major mainline and the local light rail has a station of the same name.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
aye, spot on.

yay! :d

ok then! :D

What Station am I? I have 2 platforms but I used to have many. I am about 1 minuite away from my Cities main station. I used to have hundreds of services a day but now I only have a handful of rush hour services. The trains that stop here are normally in the hands of 142's but 156's also appear. I am on a major mainline and the local light rail has a station of the same name.

Manors?

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
That sounds ambiguous to me...
Esher?

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
^^Maybe wrong thread... :D

OK, station on my line, three platforms, three can take you south (you wouldn't get far) but only two take you north. It doesn't begin with an O. Or a U.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
...but it does begin with an E.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Yes. I'll leave someone else to explain the clue... :D

Anon Mouse

Established Member
I am on the Tyne and Wear Metro. I have one platform and I am quite new. What station am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.