• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ole man

As nobody is going to have a go i will post this...

I have 2 platforms, only one TOC uses me.
Have a level crossing either side of me and my own signal box

Eagle

Established Member
Pen-y-ffordd then?

(Your clues are quite ambiguous; going by your first clue there are literally dozens of UK stations that fit. The point of the game is that clues should identify a station uniquely—otherwise it just becomes a guessing game.)

Eagle

Established Member
Pen-y-ffordd is a station in North Wales, not on a main line, served by one TOC, with two platforms, two level crossings and a signal box.

I'm sorry but your clues are far too ambiguous. How do you expect us to get the answer unless you provide a more specific clue?

ole man

Do you want me to give you the answer, you can have guesses you know, it's not Pen-y-ffordd

ole man

It's a station with a level crossing either side and has a signal box, one of the crossing's has just been renewed

David Goddard

Established Member
1) On the Great Western Main Line
2) Has Five Platforms
3) One of the platforms can only be accessed by one of the routes the station serves.

Eagle

Established Member
Correct, Did my clues fit the answer hmmm yes

Ah yes. Didn't spot the signal box at Deganwy, my bad :oops:

1) On the Great Western Main Line
2) Has Five Platforms
3) One of the platforms can only be accessed by one of the routes the station serves.

Twyford (platform 5 is a bay that only connects to the branch).

Last edited:

Eagle

Established Member
Hold on - isn't the same true of Slough and Maidenhead (at the very least) also...? (Not sure about the P5 bit though.)

Slough has six platforms.

Maidenhead's P5 is a through platform connected to the mainline, so is accessible from two directions, not one.

Eagle

Established Member
Actually, you could argue that it's true of Hayes and Harlington too (P5 is an east-facing bay) but that would be a slightly perverse way of reading "accessible from only one of the routes".

I think Twyford is the answer sought.

dzug2

Actually, you could argue that it's true of Hayes and Harlington too (P5 is an east-facing bay) but that would be a slightly perverse way of reading "accessible from only one of the routes".

Though only two of H&H's platforms are in normal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.