• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a train class..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hmp455

I am an EMU

I have five subclasses, and I am a close releative of another class which is bigger, and some of the units initally classed as this class, are in that class.

We operate for one TOC.

We have had a modification making us virtually the same as the similar class.

Should be easy.

CC 72100

Established Member
Right, if no-ones took it after 3 days, I'll give it a go with something that probably won't take to long...

1) I am a DMU
2) I operate for 4 TOCS.
3) I'm part of a family of units, all concieved and entering service at the same time

CC 72100

Established Member
As far as I know, LM do still have a couple (150s) , although you're both wrong.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Hmmm... the 170s operate for four TOCs don't they...? ( Not counting the 171s and the resulting 5th TOC as they are classed separately ).

Floor open if it's them.

CC 72100

Established Member
No, 170s operate for 5 TOCs - Greater Anglia, XC, Scotrail, First TPE and London Midland.

I'll give you another clue...

4) I am pre-privatisation

Ivo

Established Member
This ageing stock is among the usual culprits of "Hot Train Syndrome". (No prizes for why I said that - it's hot outside! :p) It is due to be replaced within the next three years, and runs on a line whose stock is already subject to replacement. At least one of this class has been destroyed in the last ten years.

CC 72100

Established Member
Hmmm, bit of a guess here, but it wouldn't happen to be the class 313s would it? (Although my knowledge of FCC land isn't too great)

Ivo

Established Member
The only parts of that answer which are correct are that (a) the class in question does serve London and (b) it is an EMU.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I'm stumped then; the only other London serving EMU class which I can think of has had one destroyed in the last 10 years is the 390, but that doesn't fit the stock replacement clue!

sonic2009

Established Member
C stock - if i have incorrectly given i will explain, its the stock that runs along the same section as the metropolitan which is getting S stock.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.