• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm very slow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
Just noticed something...before tonight I had not laid any completlely new BVE track formation for over five months. Even Network Rail aren't that slow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It's been about 7 - 8 for me IIRC. So I'm doing pretty badly myself! Although now I've forgotten how to do it all!

Tom B

Established Member
I went from Feb 2005 to Dec 2005 without laying anything on the Picc! Though since then I've only laid about a mile of new line.

The Snap

Established Member
I've not laid any new track in, ooo, let me think...about 25 minutes! :p

No problems in not laying track, nor making bno progress, because we are all doing it for free, so don't have to stick to any deadlines! ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Mmm, though if I'd spent that 10 months (or whatever) I went without laying track actually developing at my "normal" pace I'd probarbly have been bored very quickly - as it was I was distracted in June by those fairly major obstacles known as GCSEs and then from September onwards have been doing A levels. However, it's half term now, where's my spade?

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Mmm, though if I'd spent that 10 months (or whatever) I went without laying track actually developing at my "normal" pace I'd probarbly have been bored very quickly - as it was I was distracted in June by those fairly major obstacles known as GCSEs and then from September onwards have been doing A levels. However, it's half term now, where's my spade?

LOL, yeah, those GCSE things are quite big obstacles, I supose! :p

LondonBVE

I started my route two months ago until now i still haven't even laid a single thing.

Boeing-Pilot

Not done anything to mine for good year or longer, forgotten how to code. I'll pick it up again soon don't worry.

Kind Regards,

The Snap

Established Member
Boeing-Pilot said:
Not done anything to mine for good year or longer, forgotten how to code. I'll pick it up again soon don't worry.

Kind Regards,

LOL, you better had do! :p No, you take your time, that is the fun of free add-on making. :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Damn straight, although I will be trying to get back into BVE coding when I repair my computer after its catasrophic mainboard, CPU and graphics card failure and restart. I have no intention to release my route until I've done everything with it, only once I'm 100% happy it's finished will anyone see it. If that means BVE6 is out by then, meh.

The Snap

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Damn straight, although I will be trying to get back into BVE coding when I repair my computer after its catasrophic mainboard, CPU and graphics card failure and restart. I have no intention to release my route until I've done everything with it, only once I'm 100% happy it's finished will anyone see it. If that means BVE6 is out by then, meh.

Can I ask what the route is? :)

eezypeazy

Well, as I use RouteBuilder, my technique is to lay the basic two tracks where I think they should be, then go back and add detail, crossovers, etc. Last night's little effort was this traditional level crossing at Haydon Bridge, Northumberland...

Haydon Bridge.jpg

Tonight, I shall be adding the detail to this station.... Mrs eezypeazy and eezypeazy Jnr are away, so I'll be undisturbed....

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Bit of both if I have my way matey! That's all I can say, apart from the fact it'll be tailored to give my favourite traction a good thrashing!

Status
Not open for further replies.