• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Imberbus 2015 photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

Took my Fuji HS10 Bridge with me to Imber, didn't take much last year as it was ****ing it down all day, and not just light rain either!

This time it was quite the opposite, dry and roasting hot! Boris LT 239 had it's cooling system on but was blowing dust all over the interior as it was going over the gravel tracks. LT 241 on the other hand had no cooling on, and was like an oven on wheels!

This year's Imber Bus was due at least 7 RM's, there was more than 7 that attended the event, with the two aforementioned Borismasters turning up. RM 371, RM 613, RM 1005, RM 1978, RML 2344, RML 2665, RML 2735, RMA 50, RMC 1453, LT 239 and LT 241 were the ones I noted, but there were a couple of others I think.

Anyway, here is the photo's I took at various locations:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67893901@N07/albums/72157657618443651

Enjoy!

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

embers25

Established Member
Hello all,

Took my Fuji HS10 Bridge with me to Imber, didn't take much last year as it was ****ing it down all day, and not just light rain either!

This time it was quite the opposite, dry and roasting hot! Boris LT 239 had it's cooling system on but was blowing dust all over the interior as it was going over the gravel tracks. LT 241 on the other hand had no cooling on, and was like an oven on wheels!

This year's Imber Bus was due at least 7 RM's, there was more than 7 that attended the event, with the two aforementioned Borismasters turning up. RM 371, RM 613, RM 1005, RM 1978, RML 2344, RML 2665, RML 2735, RMA 50, RMC 1453, LT 239 and LT 241 were the ones I noted, but there were a couple of others I think.

Anyway, here is the photo's I took at various locations:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67893901@N07/albums/72157657618443651

Enjoy!

James.

We had a fab day out too. All buses very full with comments that next year, if sunny, it will require 3 buses per service as two were barely enough. The open topper obviously was very popular and Leon Daniels was the only one that I observed that managed to make the reverse manoeuvre at New Zealand Farm in one attempt. It was very well organised and great value. Thanks to all involved. The female conductor (Ensign?) was formidable too!

pjnathanail

Great pictures - the vehicles look wonderfully presented too. Are there any thoughts on what might happen post 2020 regarding Imber bus given that it's a registered service but the majority of vehicles clearly aren't DDA compliant.

quarella

Good pics. If I may be permitted to add a snapshot of my own of B2737 London B Type Battle bus from 1914 which was also in attendance. Many of the type went to France, Belgium and beyond during the First World War. I was very fortunate to have a ride on it. Despite solid tyres it was a very comfortable ride.

Attachments

• P1070818.jpg
    P1070818.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 20

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Yes they were pretty busy! Trying to get on the open top to Brazen Bottom was a nighmare, last year they had a couple of open tops but got soaked, could have done with two this year instead!

As for DDA, I doubt it would be much of an issue even if it continued in 2020. There were at least one weelchair user I saw who was on a Borismaster, and exited via the door ramp.
I'd imagine that if it needed to be DDA compliant, being a registered route, one Borismaster or other low floor bus follows a routemaster on each route. I believe that's how the London Routemaster's on the 9H and 15H are permitted to operate as low floor buses are also used on the 9 and 15.

Either that or an exemption is made.

It was nice to see that battle bus! Didn't go on it, looked quite uncomfortable! Quite surprised that you found it was actually quite a nice ride, as you say, it has solid tyres.

Status
Not open for further replies.